Hi. I wanted to share some frog photos I took earlier this week. I think the first one is my favorite.

IMG_0328_1024.jpg

IMG_0348_1024.jpg

IMG_0352_1024.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Equipment: Canon 7D + 70-200 f/4 L

J

Jason Beiko

Yes number two is the best IMHO. The large aperture selected has essentially isolated the frog as the main focus point.

BTW I like all the pictures....but WRT composition the other pics also isolate other, less interesting, features ( eg rocks, sticks, etc...). I have started to learn this in my work....some of my best pics seem to fill the frame with a single point of interest.

Of course I have seen many great pics that have several points of interest that "lead" your eye in a pleasing manner. For your pics I would almost consider this a portraiture...therefore a large aperture often works the best.

Thanks for sharing...

Upvote 0

bjd

Aug 29, 2011
HeavenHell said:
Here's a new one from yesterday. I got a little wet getting this shot, but I like the result.

IMG_3292.jpg

That's great.

I was angling for such a shot yesterday. A sunny stone, all the frogs jumped into
the water when I got close. So I sat down out of sight of them, expecting them to climb back
onto the stone, over the lip and I had my zoom trained on the lip of the rock. After around
30 minutes I gave up. But I was sat in the sun!

Cheers Brian

Upvote 0