S100 or SX260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
Totally different cameras, SX260 small sensor, S100 larger sensor.
Go to a camera store and try them, they is going to be a difference in feel and the controls.
The SX260 has a long zoom range, built-in GPS, but slow autofocus and not so good high ISO performance.
The S100 has better performance, but a shorter zoom range and no GPS. Tradeoff to get the features you prefer. You are going to like either if you buy it for its strong points, and if it feels comfortable to you.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. Forgot to also include the RX100 though it is a bit pricier than I wanted to pay. Above all, looking for a quality camera that will work best of them all in Auto mode and cover a wide range of shooting.

Unless I plan on doing large enlargements, would there be much difference in IQ noticeable?

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Go to a camera store and try them, they is going to be a difference in feel and the controls.
The SX260 has a long zoom range, built-in GPS, but slow autofocus and not so good high ISO performance.
The S100 has better performance, but a shorter zoom range and no GPS. Tradeoff to get the features you prefer. You are going to like either if you buy it for its strong points, and if it feels comfortable to you.

Upvote 0
G

Gman

The RX 100 is more expensive but it does have a larger more advanced sensor and therefore would produce a higher IQ. If I were you I'd wait untill the 22nd to see what Canon has up their sleeves next, or at least until Photokina on the 18th of September to see if there's an update on the S100. In the meantime you can save up some cash in case they announce something really tasty like a G13. If they don't I'll be going for the RX100 it gets such good reviews.

Upvote 0
K

Klahanieman

Mt Spokane Photography said:
[/quote]

The S100 does have built in GPS if that's important for you use.

Upvote 0
Is Canon announcing something Aug 22?

Gman said:
The RX 100 is more expensive but it does have a larger more advanced sensor and therefore would produce a higher IQ. If I were you I'd wait untill the 22nd to see what Canon has up their sleeves next, or at least until Photokina on the 18th of September to see if there's an update on the S100. In the meantime you can save up some cash in case they announce something really tasty like a G13. If they don't I'll be going for the RX100 it gets such good reviews.

Upvote 0
G

Gman

powershot2012 said:

Gman said:

Apparently rumour has it that there will be an Powershot announcement on the 22nd of August we have no idea what it will be.

Upvote 0
Are you referring to the one today for the Canon Officially Announces the PowerShot SX160 IS & SX500 IS?

Gman said:
powershot2012 said:

Gman said:

Apparently rumour has it that there will be an Powershot announcement on the 22nd of August we have no idea what it will be.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.