• benyehuda1.JPG
    benyehuda1.JPG
    435.8 KB · Views: 4,403
  • hadefus1.JPG
    hadefus1.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 4,261
Upvote 0
Re: Samyang 14mm f2.8

Hi, i visited this forum nearly daily for the last couple of month and now decided to share my first post. Thanks for all the great informations and the wonderfull pictures. And excuse my english as i´m not a native speaker.

I just bought the Lens a couple of weeks ago and had not so much time to use it. Here are some shots I took at a small lake near my place. Not really fancy but i kinda like them. All shot with my 6D and edited in Lightroom. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Attachments

• _MG_1749.jpg
    _MG_1749.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 4,012
  • _MG_1737.jpg
    _MG_1737.jpg
    852 KB · Views: 4,104
  • _MG_1767.jpg
    _MG_1767.jpg
    831.3 KB · Views: 4,135
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada

haloGRAPH said:
Hi, i visited this forum nearly daily for the last couple of month and now decided to share my first post. Thanks for all the great informations and the wonderfull pictures. And excuse my english as i´m not a native speaker.

I just bought the Lens a couple of weeks ago and had not so much time to use it. Here are some shots I took at a small lake near my place. Not really fancy but i kinda like them. All shot with my 6D and edited in Lightroom. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Hello haloGRAPH.

I really like your first picture. Nicely done. ...and welcome to CR. :)

Upvote 0

haloGRAPH said:

The first one is my favorite. I love the color. 14mm might be too wide for the last one. There is a lot of water and sky compared to the tree line which is quite small. Congrats on buying a great lens!

Upvote 0

Thank you for the fast replies and the feedback. The first one is also my favorite of this series of shots. I know what you mean bchernicoff regarding the last pic. I kind of like it even if it´s a little empty and the 14mm was the only lens i brought that day. The Pic is also rather a snapshot and was not that carefully composed.

And Ben your shots are amazing and gave me the last push to buy this lens. I really like the slower manual workflow and the image quality is really nice. Also the build quality is better than i expected an i was rather surprised by the small size of the lens.

Upvote 0

haloGRAPH said:
Thank you for the fast replies and the feedback. The first one is also my favorite of this series of shots. I know what you mean bchernicoff regarding the last pic. I kind of like it even if it´s a little empty and the 14mm was the only lens i brought that day. The Pic is also rather a snapshot and was not that carefully composed.

And Ben your shots are amazing and gave me the last push to buy this lens. I really like the slower manual workflow and the image quality is really nice. Also the build quality is better than i expected an i was rather surprised by the small size of the lens.

I think a bit of a crop is all it needs. Thanks, but don't confuse me with Ben Taylor above. My only contribution to this thread is the girl on the log.

Upvote 0

CarlTN said:
Looks like the IQ might exceed that of the Tokina 16-28, which is the only other wide angle lens I'm considering for purchase. It supposedly has some weird halo, making it unsuitable for night shots. Any of you compared these two?

I have not, but I also have not seen a zoom lens that can compete with the samyang 14mm (Outperforms the 16-35 ii in IQ...)

As for not being able to shoot at night, I have never had a problem with it. I am not sure if you are talking about the samyang or the tokina having the halo you mentioned.

Anyhow some pictures taken at night for reference:

Untitled by Live By The Night, on Flickr

folsom1-1 by Live By The Night, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Feb 1, 2013

Niterider said:
CarlTN said:
Looks like the IQ might exceed that of the Tokina 16-28, which is the only other wide angle lens I'm considering for purchase. It supposedly has some weird halo, making it unsuitable for night shots. Any of you compared these two?

I have not, but I also have not seen a zoom lens that can compete with the samyang 14mm (Outperforms the 16-35 ii in IQ...)

As for not being able to shoot at night, I have never had a problem with it. I am not sure if you are talking about the samyang or the tokina having the halo you mentioned.

Anyhow some pictures taken at night for reference:

Untitled by Live By The Night, on Flickr

folsom1-1 by Live By The Night, on Flickr

Thanks for the advice, and those are nice pics...the top one looks like a mirror image at yet it is not!

I was speaking of the Tokina, it has a type of halo flare...supposedly. I have yet to try my friend's. I may just buy the Samyang instead. Why do they use two names, Samyang or Rokinon?

Upvote 0