Saw a good deal on an R6 could be a scam though

Hi group I am looking at an R6 on a selling app. the guy is out of state
Gave me a serial number 112024004978
Anyone who owns an R6 able to tell me if this serial number sequence looks legitimate ?The seller guy wants 1500 7k shots on it ever seen a deal like this? Not sure what to do I can use my credit card to buy it via paypal thanks David

Last edited:

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Hi group I am looking at an R6 but the guy is out of state
Gave me a serial number 112024004978
Anyone able to tell me if this serial looks legitimate guy wants 1500 7k shots on it ever seen a deal like this? Not sure what to do I can use my credit card thanks David
This isn't enough information for anyone to give you good advice. Since the seller accepts credit cards, is it a retail business? If it is an individual, why are they asking you for your credit card number? How did you find out about the offer? Give everyone the full story and people might have a better idea if it is suspicious or not, but ultimately, there is no way anyone on this forum can tell you whether or not it is legitimate.

In recent weeks, the R6 used has sold for between $1,800 and $2,400 on eBay. There are some used ones on Canon Price Watch from B&H and KEH, going from $2,000 to $2,500. New price through his street price program is $2,450. Anything outside this range is a red flag.

Can you afford to lose $1,500 and have your credit card information stolen? Then go for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
This isn't enough information for anyone to give you good advice. Since the seller accepts credit cards, is it a retail business? If it is an individual, why are they asking you for your credit card number? How did you find out about the offer? Give everyone the full story and people might have a better idea if it is suspicious or not, but ultimately, there is no way anyone on this forum can tell you whether or not it is legitimate.

In recent weeks, the R6 used has sold for between $1,800 and $2,400 on eBay. There are some used ones on Canon Price Watch from B&H and KEH, going from $2,000 to $2,500. New price through his street price program is $2,450. Anything outside this range is a red flag.

Can you afford to lose $1,500 and have your credit card information stolen? Then go for it.
This isn't enough information for anyone to give you good advice. Since the seller accepts credit cards, is it a retail business? If it is an individual, why are they asking you for your credit card number? How did you find out about the offer? Give everyone the full story and people might have a better idea if it is suspicious

Upvote 0