Sea Slug eats another Sea Slug

rexbot

EOS M50
Nov 3, 2012
25
0
Very, very nice, Dustin. I'm going to have to show that to my kids tomorrow - they're fascinated with underwater creatures.
 

tolusina

EOS RP
Mar 1, 2012
792
6
Through the entire video, I couldn't help but think that the slug being eaten looked a lot like a salad.
Now, if I could only get my vegan daughter to watch, and understand, scenes like this.

Underwater tripod?



.
 
Really interesting and great quality footage. When I read that it was a 30 minute process, it made me think - what if you had to surface half-way through? It must be really tough shooting underwater when you have to worry about how much air you have left!
 

sanj

EOS R5
Jan 22, 2012
3,590
439
Well done!! Tell us more:
1. Tripod???
2. How did you manage to catch the moment?
3. Where?
4. How?
5. Which?
6. When?

:) :) Want to know it all.... Very impressed.
 

Mantadude

EOS 90D
Oct 9, 2012
199
0
www.oceanshutter.com
tolusina said:
Through the entire video, I couldn't help but think that the slug being eaten looked a lot like a salad.
Now, if I could only get my vegan daughter to watch, and understand, scenes like this.

Underwater tripod?




.
Thanks... Yes I did use an underwater tripod. Xit404 to be exact. With the canon 5d ii, to shoot macro it is really required.
 

Mantadude

EOS 90D
Oct 9, 2012
199
0
www.oceanshutter.com
mackguyver said:
Really interesting and great quality footage. When I read that it was a 30 minute process, it made me think - what if you had to surface half-way through? It must be really tough shooting underwater when you have to worry about how much air you have left!
Actually...I was starting to worry I was going to run out of air. This was At the end of a somewhat boring dive. I was only 15-20 feet deep, and everyone but my wife was already back on the boat. I was kind of gettin impatient for it to finish....

Dustin
 

Mantadude

EOS 90D
Oct 9, 2012
199
0
www.oceanshutter.com
sanj said:
Well done!! Tell us more:
1. Tripod???
2. How did you manage to catch the moment?
3. Where?
4. How?
5. Which?
6. When?

:) :) Want to know it all.... Very impressed.
Thanks for watching and your interest.
I used the xit404 tripod. It was at the end of a dive, and was filming the marionia, by an outcropping of coral. This was in Anilao, Philippines in March 2013, and it was almost dark when I surfaced. I was using a 100mm macro lens with my canon 5d ii. I also used a subsee +10 wet flip on diopter on some of the shots.

Dustin
 

sanj

EOS R5
Jan 22, 2012
3,590
439
Mantadude said:
sanj said:
Well done!! Tell us more:
1. Tripod???
2. How did you manage to catch the moment?
3. Where?
4. How?
5. Which?
6. When?

:) :) Want to know it all.... Very impressed.
Thanks for watching and your interest.
I used the xit404 tripod. It was at the end of a dive, and was filming the marionia, by an outcropping of coral. This was in Anilao, Philippines in March 2013, and it was almost dark when I surfaced. I was using a 100mm macro lens with my canon 5d ii. I also used a subsee +10 wet flip on diopter on some of the shots.

Dustin
Thanks Dustin.