second curtain flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jarveye

Hi, i decided to try second curtain flash to gain some great motion blur effects.

i have a canon 60d and my canon flash which only slightly dated now: canon 430ex (not the exII). anyway to my surprise the canon 60d seemed to not allow me to use the second curtain function or several other settings saying it was not a recognised flash..

anyway i had to settle at the time to experimenting using the built in flash which was a pain because it doesnt flash past the hood on my 24-70mm f2.8 lens.

so my question is can i not use this functionwith that flash or am i doing something wrong?

Jul 21, 2010
Jarveye said:
i have a canon 60d and my canon flash which only slightly dated now: canon 430ex (not the exII). anyway to my surprise the canon 60d seemed to not allow me to use the second curtain function or several other settings saying it was not a recognised flash..

The ability to change the custom flash functions from the camera is only available when you have both a newer flash (MkII version or the 270EX) and a newer body (I think the 1DsIII was the first to have the feature).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.