Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last edited:

gbc

Oct 19, 2018
Sat there late at night, well after midnight, staring at the 28-70 2.0 in my cart, trying to talk myself into it, calculating the gear I could sell. I even somehow convinced myself to get this instead of spending $200 on an RF mount adapter. Might as well switch everything over to RF!
8 months ago, this was THE lens I was waiting on and was positive I'd get it immediately once it hit the refurb site. now... kinda glad I waited too long to hit "buy." An event shooter with no events to shoot...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
Sat there late at night, well after midnight, staring at the 28-70 2.0 in my cart, trying to talk myself into it, calculating the gear I could sell. I even somehow convinced myself to get this instead of spending $200 on an RF mount adapter. Might as well switch everything over to RF!
8 months ago, this was THE lens I was waiting on and was positive I'd get it immediately once it hit the refurb site. now... kinda glad I waited too long to hit "buy." An event shooter with no events to shoot...
Understand and empathize completely with your current dilemma. Sometimes, circumstances, such as budgetary constraints, cash flow, other priorities, etc., simply dictate sitting on the sidelines and saying to oneself, "Boy, that sure is cheap", while resisting the urge to hit that buy button. Hang in there. You'll get your dream lens sometime.

Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
I've done this many times. Funny thing is I've convinced myself to actually commit to buying it twice, but then it's backordered...for months. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Upvote 0
I wanted to share my experience here. I ordered the RF 28-70mm f/2 yesterday and it showed as "In Stock" at the time of purchase and on the second screen once you actually click on the specific lens. It showed as "In Stock" all the way through the ordering process. And Canon took my money lickety-split. Later that night when I checked, it showed as "Out of Stock." Then today I checked my actual order status it said "Backordered." I contacted customer service via chat and they said "The lens is currently out of stock. The quantity may have been low, and another order may have been placed right before yours which reserved what was left in inventory." Needless to say, I cancelled my order today. :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
do I replace my EF 24-70 2.8 ii with the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM $879 or is it not worth! I dont have budget for RF 28-70mm f/2L USM $2399
When I bought the Canon EOS R last year the 24-105 was about $899 as part of an instant rebate deal. It's better than the EF version, but this is just not a glamorous or exciting lens to shoot people with. Maybe a good lens for a family vacation or just walking about town, but that f/4 is really difficult to get anything striking out of. In fact, that's why I'm trying to get the 28-70mm f/2 so bad. I've rented it several times and it is a lot better and sharper (I actually compared shots taken with both);.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2019
When I bought the Canon EOS R last year the 24-105 was about $899 as part of an instant rebate deal. It's better than the EF version, but this is just not a glamorous or exciting lens to shoot people with. Maybe a good lens for a family vacation or just walking about town, but that f/4 is really difficult to get anything striking out of. In fact, that's why I'm trying to get the 28-70mm f/2 so bad. I've rented it several times and it is a lot better and sharper (I actually compared shots taken with both);.
Thanks.. yes probably I'll stay with current lens and get a 70200

Upvote 0