Selling used gear

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I look after my gear and have sold no longer wanted items for fair prices on eBay with excellent feedback. I now have a lot of higher end lenses and cameras for sale and got a quote from MPB. Their offer is close to what I would expect to get on eBay after I have paid deductions to them and PayPal and postage. Has anyone had any experience with MPB or other dealers? Their Trustpilot feedback tends to be good. It would be less hassle to have them collect it all.

I haven't used my 300mm f/2.8 II since buying the 400mm DO II, and really don't want to sell it but I can't justify keeping it any more as also my 7DII since buying the 5DSR.

Jul 28, 2015
I have bought from MPB and found them to provide excellent reliable service and I have also used Mifsuds and Ffordes with equally good experience. The only place I have sold gear is Wex as part-ex and their valuations seem reasonable.
Some places buy the gear from you, others act as a shop window where you get the money when it is sold so make sure you know what the terms are.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
The deal with MPB went through very smoothly. I sent them my estimates of condition based on their criteria. They sent me a quote that I accepted. They collected by courier, and revised down to of the items. I accepted their new quote and they paid within a day or two. The items are all on their site with a mark-up of 30%, allowing for VAT (so I got 77% of selling price and they have born the costs of postage). The items downgraded are on offer at the downgraded description.

Upvote 0