Show your Bird Portraits

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Last Sunday I went out to a nearby beach park - no chance for something really interesting, just to keep myself fit...
First photo is another unusual Plover.
See the second photo - pretty much the same symptoms! The Avian pox can do this! Off course I can't be sure in the "diagnosis"... Any way very disturbing (I'm not sure I have seen this in any other migrants before!)!
After that is just a Wandering Tatler with some feathers from the breeding plumage on the chest, Cattle Egret and Night Heron looking down for a snack.

Very nice shots, ISv. Thank you very much for this information.

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Another Wood Duck
AA3I1700-1.jpg

candyman

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
I have enjoyed using my 5D Mark III for 9 years. I recently replaced it with the Canon R6. I have also enjoyed using it. Attached some photos and one of the few times I would have liked a little more focal length or more megapixels. But what really mattered was the scenes.
In the first photo, a cormorant lands and searches for balance on a branch. The others watch anxiously to see if it will work. The other two photos are young cormorants waiting hungrily and for food.

BE0A1344_LR1_frm.jpg

BE0A1485_LR1_frm.jpg

BE0A1488_LR1_frm.jpg

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I have enjoyed using my 5D Mark III for 9 years. I recently replaced it with the Canon R6. I have also enjoyed using it. Attached some photos and one of the few times I would have liked a little more focal length or more megapixels. But what really mattered was the scenes.
In the first photo, a cormorant lands and searches for balance on a branch. The others watch anxiously to see if it will work. The other two photos are young cormorants waiting hungrily and for food.

View attachment 200350
View attachment 200351
View attachment 200352
Nice scenes. By coincidence, I was out this morning with plenty of reach: 1000mm on the R5 for the first Cormorant and 500mm for the Cormorant gawping. The 2x TC on the 100-500mm does give sharper detail.
309A5144-DxO_1000mm_cormorant_LS-1.jpg
309A5153-DxO_500mm_cormorant_gawping.jpg

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA

First time I share photos here so hope you like them.

I'm still very much a beginner. Only got into birds/wildlife during lockdown 1.0 here in the UK and so far I've been limited to the local parks in Bristol.
Can't really complain though since we do have a good number of different species from Kingfishers to buzzards, kestrels, peregrines and sparrowhaks (plus all your usual tits and songbirds)
Nice Shots!

candyman

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Nice scenes. By coincidence, I was out this morning with plenty of reach: 1000mm on the R5 for the first Cormorant and 500mm for the Cormorant gawping. The 2x TC on the 100-500mm does give sharper detail. View attachment 200353 View attachment 200354
Beautiful shots. That is really nice if you can photograph the cormorant almost filling the frame. Maybe I can do it next spring. Then I hope to visit an island where you can get closer to the cormorants

Reactions: AlanF

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I (less) proudly present my first picture ever of an Eurasian kingfisher (alcedo atthis)
I promise I'll to try to do better in the future. ;)
And I did.
Still far from a full frame portrait, but I'm getting closer. Still > 30 m away and heavy cropping was needed.
These are close to 1:1 crops:

kingfisher_06.JPG

kingfisher_02.JPG

This is the 1:1 crop of the pic above:

kingfisher_02_k.JPG