Show your Bird Portraits

OskarB

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 17, 2021
500px.com
I really like the Bee eater. It's a particularly nice shot of one of my favourite birds, which I only see abroad. I never got that close in Tanzania, but will go through my records to check if I have something in the same class.
Thank you, Alan!
This was at Lake Manyara. Really many birds there!

OskarB

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 17, 2021
500px.com
I really like the Bee-eater. Great shot!
a025.gif
Thank you, Click!

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
A egyptian goose (Alopochen aegyptiacus Linnaeus) with its chicks.
I have learned that this is a very aggressive bird towards other animals in its territory.

View attachment 200536
:oops:- what about humans (well, we are also animals...)? What distance was the bird from you (I mean it's not only the territory in this case - there are also 3 precious chicks there)! Interesting bird anyway, I didn't actually knew it exists! And this is another feature that I like in CR: you see more than you can visit/capture!

Reactions: 1 user

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Back in 2017 I visited Tanzania and took also some photos of birds.
I'm not sure if I can ID the birds correctly, if at all. And the qualty is not as excellent as usually seen on this forum.
If it is nonetheless welcome, I will post some more.
I'll start with a gray heron (Ardea cinerea). I hope I'm correct.
7DM2, Tamron 70-300 F/4-5.6
View attachment 200515

View attachment 200516
I put "(y)" for the input, not for the ID - sorry... Check for the Black-headed Heron (Ardea melanocephala)!

Reactions: 1 user

OskarB

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 17, 2021
500px.com
:oops:- what about humans (well, we are also animals...)? What distance was the bird from you (I mean it's not only the territory in this case - there are also 3 precious chicks there)! Interesting bird anyway, I didn't actually knew it exists! And this is another feature that I like in CR: you see more than you can visit/capture!
I'm sorry, I should have written "I read" instead of "I've learned". It was not a personal experience.
English is not my first language, I'm sorry for the mistake.

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
It's very nice photo JPAZ but where did you find "Marbled Wimbrel" for ID?! It's just a Wimbrel, not a hybrid Wimbrel/Godwit;)! I still have to find one to take a photo!
I am far from an expert but the App “Seek” id’d the bird as such

OskarB

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 17, 2021
500px.com
Another shot from Tanzania while on safari with 7DII + Tamron 70-300.
I think it is a white-backed vulture (Gyps africanus), but I'm not sure, as I can't see its back.

CR_IMG_4591.jpg

Reactions: 17 users

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Western Gull. Cropped from original with the 100-500. Disappointed that the sunny side is just a bit more blown out than I'd like, but the eye detail is great

Newport September 2021_0306.jpg

Reactions: 13 users

DanP

EOS 90D
CR Pro
Dec 8, 2014
This was the first time I've seen ducks propelling themselves across the water surface. They moved quite fast. There were a number of them and they appeared to be trying to catch up with mom. I assume they couldn't fly yet, but I'm not sure. As usual, I wasn't ready for the action. These were the only two shots that weren't unusable, notwithstanding the distracting log in the background. 054A2714_DxO Adj 8X12 Reduced for CR.jpg 054A2721_DxO 8X12 Reduced for CR.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users