Shutter Count Software/Utility

Hey Gang, Does anyone know of a Functional software/way to find out the # of Shutter actuation for a Canon Camera? Short of Shipping it to repair Center?
I have searched the internet and found a OLD program 10+ years old that trys to work. "KUSO EXIF Viewer"COmments Ive seen also say Green Lantern software might work?

Mar 22, 2016
Using a Mac I have used the app, ShutterCheck. This worked fine with an old 7D.

Hey Gang, Does anyone know of a Functional software/way to find out the # of Shutter actuation for a Canon Camera? Short of Shipping it to repair Center?
I have searched the internet and found a OLD program 10+ years old that trys to work. "KUSO EXIF Viewer"COmments Ive seen also say Green Lantern software might work?

Upvote 0

jabird56

Explorer
CR Pro
Oct 16, 2018
Central Florida
I have recently tried both ASTRO PHOTOGRAHY (DEMO Version) and EOSInfo, they both work to get you the shutter counts off of your cameras. With ASTRO you have to make sure you select the correct DIGIC logic chip that's in your current EOS model. The Astro Photography DEMO "FREE" version worked for me. I used two YouTube videos to help me setup the two different software apps, and they are listed below:

ASTRO PHOTOTGRAPH:
EOSINFO:

Attachments

• ASTRO PHOTO.jpg
    ASTRO PHOTO.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 85
  • EOSINFO.jpg
    EOSINFO.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

jabird56

Explorer
CR Pro
Oct 16, 2018
Central Florida
I have recently tried both ASTRO PHOTOGRAHY (DEMO Version) and EOSInfo, they both work to get you the shutter counts off of your cameras. With ASTRO you have to make sure you select the correct DIGIC logic chip that's in your current EOS model. The Astro Photography DEMO "FREE" version worked for me. I used two YouTube videos to help me setup the two different software apps, and they are listed below:

ASTRO PHOTOTGRAPH:
EOSINFO:
Here is the link for the Astro Photography Tool Manual in PDF: https://www.astrophotography.app/UserGuide.pdf

Upvote 0