Shutter issue??

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hi nonac!

Short answer: Yes could be a shutter problem. I'd ask Canon service about their opinion.

But before that maybe look at possible other factors.

You say that this only appears sporadically and only in portrait orientation?
With 1DX and grip this would be the top of shutter/pic in landscape orientation, but the bottom of the shutter as the projection on sensor is turned arround, correct?
==> So never at the top in landscape orientation. Hmm... maybe gravity helps the shutter here...

Some other aspects:
  • Does it appear only with the big and heavy lenses like the 400/2.8? Or with smaller ones, too? ==> Mount problem?
  • Does it appear with specific CF cards or with any card? ==> SW problem?
I really hope, you'll find a solution for this.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi I have the same on my 1DsIII, nothing I do is “mission critical” so I have decided to wait until it quits and assess new shutter vs EF-Rxx.
I find it shows up more on shots above 1/250th than it does on longer exposures, I guess the shorter the exposure the larger percentage effect the bouncing shutter has.
Expect the problem to show up on landscape shots soon at some point.

Cheers , Graham.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Hi I have the same on my 1DsIII, nothing I do is “mission critical” so I have decided to wait until it quits and assess new shutter vs EF-Rxx.
I find it shows up more on shots above 1/250th than it does on longer exposures, I guess the shorter the exposure the larger percentage effect the bouncing shutter has.
Expect the problem to show up on landscape shots soon at some point.

Cheers , Graham.
Change your name to “Shutterbounce”?

Upvote 0