Smartphone users - interested in Tapatalk?

Would you prefer to access CR Forum via Tapatalk?

• Yes

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
Jul 21, 2010
Hi All,

I'd like to gauge interest in using Tapatalk to access these forums. Tapatalk is a smartphone app that facilitates forum access; I've used it on other forums, and find it to be easy to use (easier than using a browser on a smartphone, and in some ways, easier than a computer browser, too!). The Tapatalk app is available for iPhone/iPad, Android, and Blackberry phones (and apparently for Google Chrome now, I just noticed when looking up the link above). It's not free - $2.99 from the Apple App Store, not sure about the cost for other platforms.

Note - no guarantee that it will be supported here in the future, just trying to assess interest.

Thanks for reading!

Haydn1971

UK based, hobbyist
Nov 7, 2010
Sheffield, UK
www.flickr.com
Yes please... It needs a server side extension installing, but works like a dream on the forum that I'm site manager for, helping strip out all the unnecessary stuff and reducing my data download on my phone. It's also possible to moderate using the app too, subject to the necessary permissions.

It also works as an iPad app too.

Upvote 0
Depends -- if anyone using a smartphone would get a prompt every damned time you load a page about it, then no. I'm fine with regular access; my Mazda forum does that and it's really irritating. It's not EVERY time a page loads that it prompts, but pretty much every other (like, back in the browser does it, highly irritating).

Upvote 0

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
I just found this topic after a quick search because I have been thinking of asking the same question: is there any reason why Canonrumors.com forums can't be made available on Tapatalk? I would love it if it was added. I enjoy this forum and love the ease of use and access on Tapatalk. It would be the best of both worlds.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Valvebounce said:
Hi folks.
I don't mind people wanting to use tapatalk, but please for the sanity of those who don't want to use it and are happy to use the web browser Please Please Please I Beg of you disable the pop up box nagging me to use it every time I visit.

Cheers Graham.

I've never seen a pop up box asking me to use tapatalk on cr. I only use the web browser.

Upvote 0