Specifications and an Image of the PowerShot SX740 HS

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<a href="https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1021521927142236160">Nokihsita has uncovered</a> an image and specifications for the upcoming Canon PowerShot SX740 HS.</p>
<p><strong>Canon PowerShot SX740 HS Specifications:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>20.3mp</li>
<li>40x Optical Zoom</li>
<li>DIGIC 8</li>
<li>7.4fps</li>
<li>4K Video</li>
<li>Tilt LCD with 180 degrees of movement in an upward direction</li>
</ul>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Jan 12, 2011
Canon Rumors said:
<a href="https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1021521927142236160">Nokihsita has uncovered</a> an image and specifications for the upcoming Canon PowerShot SX740 HS.</p>
<p><strong>Canon PowerShot SX740 HS Specifications:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>20.3mp</li>
<li>40x Optical Zoom</li>
<li>DIGIC 8</li>
<li>7.4fps</li>
<li>4K Video</li>
<li>Tilt LCD with 180 degrees of movement in an upward direction</li>
</ul>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Finally! A leaked image of the new Canon mirrorless camera! It's the one we've all been waiting for. ;D

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Mac Duderson said:
SIGMA Please make us a 50mm 1.4 Image Stabilized and a 28mm 1.4. Your our only hope.
Canon is too busy making stuff like this and a million versions of their super tele's and 70-...mm zooms again and again. ::)

"Sigma Sigma your our man, if you can't do it no Canon can. Goooooooo SIGMA!" ;D :p 8)

Yes Sigma is making it's niche by making what Canon should.

Upvote 0
jalps said:
Is there another camera besides the M50 that has the DIGIC 8 processor? I am wondering whether the limitations of the DIGIC 8 would create another camera with heavy 4K crop or capped at 24fps. Of course, the 5D IV managed 4K on a DIGIC 6+, but also with some limitations.

I'm sure the digic 8 can handle 4k without crop, but in the case of the m50 I'm certain it was from a marketing standpoint. Why would they put 4K on a 1.6 crop in an entry level camera? They'll do that with the next step up from it, whatever it may be.

Entry level- 1.6x 1080p, 2x 4k
Mid level- 1.6x 1080p, 1.6x 4k
Pro-sumer- full frame 1080p, 4k
Pro level- full frame 1080p, 4k with much faster frame rates

That's how they should at least lol. If anything, Canon knows how to market their cameras regardless of how many years behind they are in technology. Much like Apple lol.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
tron said:
Khufu said:
Kit. said:
transpo1 said:
Finally! A leaked image of the new Canon mirrorless camera! It's the one we've all been waiting for. ;D
Not all. I'm waiting for G7X III.

I'm waiting for the G7X IV.
I enjoy G7X II.

I also enjoy the G7X II. I've not been far from home the last few months, so I haven't used it since March. I've been enjoying my two new L lenses recently instead.

I will very likely buy the III or the IV at some time, but no rush. If the III makes improvements that will probably be meaningful to me, I'll probably buy it before some big trip next year. Otherwise the IV, or whatever the equivalent is by then will be on my radar if not necessarily my wish list. Whichever it is will almost for sure be my next camera purchase.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
tron said:
Khufu said:
Kit. said:
transpo1 said:
Not all. I'm waiting for G7X III.
I'm waiting for the G7X IV.
I enjoy G7X II.
I don't enjoy G7X II. I enjoy S100, but it shows signs of age, and as it is my underwater camera (and thus needs a compatible waterproof case), I would like to replace it with something that won't be discontinued soon.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Kit. said:
I don't enjoy G7X II. I enjoy S100, but it shows signs of age, and as it is my underwater camera (and thus needs a compatible waterproof case), I would like to replace it with something that won't be discontinued soon.

I started in this size with an S95 and moved on to the S120. From where I sit, I can see photos from the S120, printed on 13" x 19" paper, framed, and hung on the wall. I left on a long trip right after I got the G7X II, and I took the S120 along as backup, also mostly in case I found the slightly larger size unhandy, and wanted to carry the S120 in my shirt pocket some days. (It turned out that I never did.) I gave the S95 to a friend, but kept the S120.

You could need a bigger waterproof case for whatever flavor of G7X you got.

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2015
Kit. said:

G9 X II is about same size as S100 so unless the case is really model specific it could fit.

Size comparison: http://j.mp/2v27Ka9

Upvote 0