Spectacular Canon Cinema EOS C700 Production for SWISS Int. Airlines

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
There are a few things in this world I wish I had the skills to accomplish, and this sort of cinematography is definitely one of them. After watching the production 10 or so times, I figured we’d share it.</p>
<p>The LAUSCHSICHT team sent us their latest project shot on Canon’s latest Cinema EOS camera, the C700. Along with the C700, a Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II (and a few GoPro’s) were used to make this spectacular air show production for SWISS Int. Airlines.</p>
<blockquote><p>The task was to capture the spectacular airshow by SWISS and Patrouille Suisse performed during the World Ski Championship 2017 in St. Moritz. The target audience was very clear too: People fascinated by such an airshow. Our approach: To focus on the beauty of such a show. Moments, instead of action.</p></blockquote>
<p class="uppercase">Be sure to go full screen while watching the production below.</p>
<div class="force-bottom"></div>
<p><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/205373258" width="728" height="409" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></p>
<p class="uppercase"><strong>TEAM</strong></p>
<div class="force-bottom">
<p><strong>CLIENT</strong> SWISS Int. Airlines

<strong>CONCEPT </strong>LAUSCHSICHT<strong>

</strong><strong>DIRECTION </strong>Kevin Blanc

<strong>CAMERA</strong> Kevin Blanc / Marius Thut / Roman Lehmann

<strong>EDITING</strong> Marius Thut

<strong>GRADING</strong> Kevin Blanc

<strong>MUSIC</strong> Michael Ricar

<strong>PRODUCING</strong> Muriel Droz / Giorgia Binek</p>
</div>
<p>You can checkout the full production page <a href="http://www.lauschsicht.com/project/swiss-c-series-patrouille-suisse-airshow/">here</a>, as well as the behind the scenes impressions <a href="http://www.lauschsicht.com/c-series-patrouille-suisse-airshow-behind-the-scenes/">here</a>.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Jul 21, 2010
douglaurent said:
A great short 1080p film. That shows exactly nothing about the quality of the C700 camera itself.

What about the post gave you the idea that it was supposed to show anything whatsoever about the quality of the C700, the C300 II, or the GoPro cameras used to shoot the production? Or did you just feel like making a snarky comment?

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
larjon said:
Were this the same air planes that hit the cable cam last Friday at the S:t Moritz alpine world ski championships (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws0vxsu608Q)?

It was still the Patrouille Suisse, but not on the Northrop F-5 used in the promotional video, they were flying another type of plane (Pilatus PC-7), used for training.

Upvote 0
Wow, impressive! Please call me next time you need someone to do a movie like this ;)

There were daily airshows during the World Championships i St Moritz and one of them nearly ended in disaster.

One of the planes from the swiss air force team hit a wire on the ground, and a heavy camera fell next to the spectators. Luckily no one was injured on the ground, and the pilot managed to do a safe landing shortly after the incident.

After the accident the airshows was stopped.

Upvote 0
Based upon what I see, I NO LONGER SEE the jiggle-cam
(aka rolling shutter) problems caused by NORMAL CMOS chips!!!
It looks like they used the global shutter PL mount option
and THIS LOOKS FANTASTIC !!!

We will DEFINITELY be taking a look at
BUYING MORE THAN ONE of these C700
cameras!

If the footage looks that good with almost
NO blowouts in the bright white snow and
sky shots, then I must admit that the C700
is starting to look much better than the
Sony F55/F65 cameras to me.

The C700 is CHEAPER TOO and in a much
better, more portable, form factor which
is a very big deal to me!

Only the Arri Alexa seems able to match
that type of bright-white blowout protection
ability so I think I will save the extra $15,000
needed to buy the Alexa and go for the C700,
putting the savings towards a decent
4K+ Fujinon Zoom Cinema lens!

WOW! I am DEFINITELY IMPRESSED!
I know that the cinematographer is the
larger key player in these types of shoots,
but the fact I see such details in bright white snow
seals the deal for me! Sorry Sony! Your form factor
is too big on the F55/F65 and your highlights aren't
as good as the C700!

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
douglaurent said:
A great short 1080p film. That shows exactly nothing about the quality of the C700 camera itself.

What about the post gave you the idea that it was supposed to show anything whatsoever about the quality of the C700, the C300 II, or the GoPro cameras used to shoot the production? Or did you just feel like making a snarky comment?

I got the idea this post might have been about the quality of this new Canon camera, as we are on a Canon equipment website, and the title read "Spectacular Canon Cinema EOS C700 Production". What we saw was spectacular content, but not a spectacular camera performance, as it could have been produced with a dozen other cameras and looked the same.

Upvote 0
LDS said:
larjon said:
Were this the same air planes that hit the cable cam last Friday at the S:t Moritz alpine world ski championships (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws0vxsu608Q)?

It was still the Patrouille Suisse, but not on the Northrop F-5 used in the promotional video, they were flying another type of plane (Pilatus PC-7), used for training.

finally a topic I can chime in: the swiss airforce has three display teams:
patrouille suisse on f-5
pc-7 team
super puma display

the guys that hit one of the cable was flying for the pc-7 team. so while they all know each other well, the teams are seperate and use different aircrafts. the patrouille suisse trains with f-5, it would make no sense to train with the pc-7.

happy to answer any questions that might arise.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
douglaurent said:
neuroanatomist said:
douglaurent said:

I got the idea this post might have been about the quality of this new Canon camera, as we are on a Canon equipment website, and the title read "Spectacular Canon Cinema EOS C700 Production". What we saw was spectacular content, but not a spectacular camera performance, as it could have been produced with a dozen other cameras and looked the same.

So you read the title as, "Spectacular Canon Cinema EOS C700 used in Production for SWISS Int. Airlines." Got it.

I figured it was better to read the title as written, along with the content:

Canon Rumors said:
There are a few things in this world I wish I had the skills to accomplish, and this sort of cinematography is definitely one of them. After watching the production 10 or so times, I figured we’d share it.

The LAUSCHSICHT team sent us their latest project shot on Canon’s latest Cinema EOS camera, the C700. Along with the C700, a Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II (and a few GoPro’s) were used to make this spectacular air show production for SWISS Int. Airlines.

Upvote 0

XL+

When nothing is going right, go left
CR Pro
Sep 15, 2016
recently: The Tyrol, Austria
LDS said:
larjon said:

Attachments

• Airpower 2016-09-01-1H2A1766.jpg
    Airpower 2016-09-01-1H2A1766.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 231
Upvote 0