Stock Notice: Canon EOS R10 body only at Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama has stock of the brand new and so far highly regarded Canon EOS R10 body only for $979.
Canon EOS R10 Key Features

Capture sharp photos and video
Full features, sleek design
Capture fast-moving subjects in brilliant detail
Smart, speedy autofocus
Record each clip over 30 minutes
Optimized for video
Compatibility with full range of Canon RF-S, RF, EF, EF-S mounts
Sensor Size: APS-C Camera Format

Canon EOS R10 Body Only $979
Adorama also has stock of both EOS R10 kit options.
Canon EOS R10 w/18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM $1099 | Canon RF EOS R10 w/18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM $1379

Continue reading...

Jul 21, 2010
It is bizarre that there is no 30-minute record limit on this, but there is one on the $2,500 R6. Are they just trying to wind us up?
At some point in time, they dropped the time limit. Cameras released before that point in time have the limit. Cameras released after that point in time do not. Nothing bizarre.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I'm never getting my R7 that I pre-ordered 5 minutes after the announcement, am I? :(

I'm starting to wonder if the image quality will be better than the 7D ii as well, heard some dicey reviews.
I got my R7 kit in the UK when it was first released about 6 weeks ago. Here are my first impressions https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/threads/r7-discussion.41564/
The image quality is far better than that of the 7DII. It does have its problems, but IQ is not one of them. The AF is very good, not quite as good as the R5 but in a different league from the 7DII, there is rolling shutter with the electronic shutter, but you work around it by using mechanical or EFC shutter when necessary, and avoid shuttershock by using ES at low shutter speeds.

ps, I have just posted some shots with the R7 in the Dragonfly thread - you can see the detail it gives. https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/threads/dragonflies-and-damselflies.35543/page-76#post-939819

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to seeing more user feedback on the R10/R7 and it will be interesting if they have freezing issues or not.

Was the R6/R5 released when they had that video camera tax? If so I can understand we they would keep the limit. But if that tax was removed when they were released they could easily and should update the firmware to remove the time limits.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I'm looking forward to seeing more user feedback on the R10/R7 and it will be interesting if they have freezing issues or not.

Was the R6/R5 released when they had that video camera tax? If so I can understand we they would keep the limit. But if that tax was removed when they were released they could easily and should update the firmware to remove the time limits.
I am unaware of freezes being reported on the R7. I haven't had any in about 4,000 shots.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
At some point in time, they dropped the time limit. Cameras released before that point in time have the limit. Cameras released after that point in time do not. Nothing bizarre.
I think it was post R3 that time limit was dropped, given that limit most likely is just software limit to stick to tax rules it would be easy to provide firmware upgrade(given Canons recent track record with broken firmwares not worth the risk).

Upvote 0
If only it were possible to update cameras after release. And if only this camera were receiving such updates semi-regularly.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
If only it were possible to update cameras after release. And if only this camera were receiving such updates semi-regularly.
Of course it's possible that Canon will remove the video time limitation from older cameras. It's possible that they could add focus bracketing to the EOS R, in-camera HDR to the 1D X, or any number of post-hoc features like intervalometers and in-camera RAW conversion to earlier cameras.

By all means, don't let the fact that history shows Canon has little inclination to do so affect your optimism that they will make an exception in this case.

Upvote 0
Of course it's possible that Canon will remove the video time limitation from older cameras. It's possible that they could add focus bracketing to the EOS R, in-camera HDR to the 1D X, or any number of post-hoc features like intervalometers and in-camera RAW conversion to earlier cameras.

By all means, don't let the fact that history shows Canon has little inclination to do so affect your optimism that they will make an exception in this case.
I think this is different to the examples you give. The R6 is going to be around for a long while yet and having it lack this simple feature that the R7 and R10 have just doesn't make sense. I get why they won't give me an aperture priority video mode for example. They want me to spend an extra $1,500 and buy an R5. The 30-minute video cut off is pushing me toward a cheaper camera though. Or even worse, to another brand. And I could be wrong, but it seems like this would be a very simple update to enable.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I think this is different to the examples you give. The R6 is going to be around for a long while yet and having it lack this simple feature that the R7 and R10 have just doesn't make sense. I get why they won't give me an aperture priority video mode for example. They want me to spend an extra $1,500 and buy an R5. The 30-minute video cut off is pushing me toward a cheaper camera though. Or even worse, to another brand. And I could be wrong, but it seems like this would be a very simple update to enable.
Not really. The EOS RP came out 5 months after the EOS R. The RP has focus bracketing, the R does not. Those were the only two R-series cameras for the next 15 months until the R5/R6 launched, and the EOS R received several firmware updates during that period. The R is still 'current'...and still doesn't have focus bracketing. All cameras after the R (except the 1D X III) have the feature – the RP, R5, R6, R3, R7 and R10, the 90D and M6II have it, even the PowerShot G5XII and G7XIII have it.

Bottom line, don't hold your breath waiting for Canon retroactively remove the limit from any of the current cameras. If you need >30 minutes in a single capture, get the cheaper camera or another brand, or wait for the R6 II.

Upvote 0