Stock Notice: Canon EOS R5 body at Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama finally has stock of the Canon EOS R5 body for $3899.
Key Features

High Image Quality featuring a New 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400
Dual Pixel CMOS AF covering Approx. 100% Area with 1,053 AF Areas
Subject tracking of People and Animals using Deep Learning Technology
In-body Image Stabilizer can provide up to 8 Stops of Shake Correction
Dual Card Slots for CFexpress and UHS-II SD Memory Cards
Built-in 0.5″ 5.76 Million Dots OLED EVF with 120fps refresh rate, Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen
2.4/5Ghz Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Technology

Canon EOS R5 Body $3899

Continue reading...

A decade ago Bluetooth, WiFi and other wireless connectivity on a large image sensor camera was scoffed at as the old photographers thought it silly to post photos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc..

Now it's easier to transfer photos wireless to smartphones, tablets and even computers. These old photographers learned new tricks or are long made obsolete.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I have the 5D Mark IV and very tempted to pick up the R5 once some more of the RF lens lineup becomes available... it's small, but I'm worried I'll miss the GPS!

I used to use a GPS logger and crossmatch that with my 7D timestamps to geotag my photos. Having it on the 5D IV is great. I maybe used it moreso for travel, but even hear I find it helpful to know precisely where a shot was taken should I wish to return. On the one hand I use/reference it less these days, but it's an interested and potentially useful piece of metadata I don't really want to give up!

Upvote 0

Alan B

1DX Mark III
Feb 2, 2021
It's great that the Camera is available on that site(at a good price), BUT it's getting hold of the Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R or Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R is now the problem in the US and here in the UK!. I know third party mounts are available but i'd rather stick with the Canon ones.

I will be hopefully purchasing the R5 tomorrow, but i'll have to wait for the Ring Mount to become available before i can use the camera. Get there in the end.......................

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016
One day my dream will come true and the headline will be 'R5/6 available in Canon Refurbished Store', until then, SWWYH

And One day my dream will come true as well... that is the R5 and R6 are available in the Canon refurbished store and there is a 15% discount :). The reality is unless Canon fixes up their online store it will be frustrating and disappointing. My RP+RF24-240 kit that I ordered on Dec 1 (order was placed in less that 1 hour 45 min after canon started the sale) has not shipped yet and I believe it never will.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
It's great that the Camera is available on that site(at a good price), BUT it's getting hold of the Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R or Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R is now the problem in the US and here in the UK!. I know third party mounts are available but i'd rather stick with the Canon ones.

I will be hopefully purchasing the R5 tomorrow, but i'll have to wait for the Ring Mount to become available before i can use the camera. Get there in the end.......................
It's available now. Check Canon Price Watch...

Upvote 0

Here, in Québec, you can easily buy the adapters, but the R5 is nowhere to be found. Canon USA and Canon Canada should team up…

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
I have the 5D Mark IV and very tempted to pick up the R5 once some more of the RF lens lineup becomes available... it's small, but I'm worried I'll miss the GPS!

I used to use a GPS logger and crossmatch that with my 7D timestamps to geotag my photos. Having it on the 5D IV is great. I maybe used it moreso for travel, but even hear I find it helpful to know precisely where a shot was taken should I wish to return. On the one hand I use/reference it less these days, but it's an interested and potentially useful piece of metadata I don't really want to give up!

while not elegant you can use bluetooth (not sure if wireless but maybe) to your phone and enable GPS tagging using info from your phone. I tested and confirmed it works.. but it was awkward to set up the first time.

Upvote 0
COVID and demand has made the R5 and all the accessories so difficult to get. I was lucky enough to get my Amazon order in for the R5 and have delivery before the Lunar New Year. I was shopping all the major outlets and they're all out. However, the new batteries are impossible to get as well as a bunch of accessories like the lens adapters. I ended up buying a cheap third party one.

Upvote 0
If only they delivered to Sweden ;)

We are from Czech Republic and for the second time, we have bought thru the Panamoz.com. They are UK based. 3 years ago, they delivered only in terms of UK, so our friend picked it up for us. But nowadays, they deliver to other countries too, namely to EU countries, from France.

The price difference compared to our Czech market is so drastic, that we basically got 24-70/2.8 II for free to our 5DIV back then. Our R5 is on its way nowadays, along with the 24-70 and 70-200, both f2.8. It is a Taiwanese distribution imo, so who knows, what happens if your gear breaks, but then they offer a 3 years warranty. Maybe we were lucky, but for all those 10+ years, not a single Canon gear malfunctioned on us.

Check them out, they respond in hours. Although lens are marked as out of the stock, they were able to find ones for us, as we bought R5 + 2 lens, so it was attractive to them too.

Upvote 0