Stock Notice: Canon EOS R5 body at Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama finally has stock of the Canon EOS R5 as a body-only purchase. The kit with the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM is currently out of stock.
Key Features

High Image Quality featuring a New 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400
Dual Pixel CMOS AF covering Approx. 100% Area with 1,053 AF Areas
Subject tracking of People and Animals using Deep Learning Technology
In-body Image Stabilizer can provide up to 8 stops of Shake Correction
Dual Card Slots for CFexpress and UHS-II SD Memory Cards
Built-in 0.5″ 5.76 Million Dots OLED EVF with 120fps refresh rate, Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen
2.4/5Ghz Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Technology

Canon EOS R5 Body Only $3899 at Adorama

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I would rather buy it from a place like Allen's Camera for the same price as B&H or Adorama and support a local family run business.
Allen's camera
Great! But you do know Allen’s isn’t local to most of us. Thanks anyway, Mr. Allen. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I would rather buy it from a place like Allen's Camera for the same price as B&H or Adorama and support a local family run business.
Allen's camera
The trouble is I can get the same price as B&H locally but it still costs $253.44 more for an R5 because of sales tax, even if B&H collect the sales tax, which they still don't for my State, you can get that back on a loyalty card. And don't give me that guff about declaring end user sales tax nonsense because we all know practically nobody actually does that.

Furthermore B&H or Adorama or Samy's will happily take returns with no questions asked which isn't something most local shops can do as easily.

Upvote 0
The trouble is I can get the same price as B&H locally but it still costs $253.44 more for an R5 because of sales tax, even if B&H collect the sales tax, which they still don't for my State, you can get that back on a loyalty card. And don't give me that guff about declaring end user sales tax nonsense because we all know practically nobody actually does that.

Furthermore B&H or Adorama or Samy's will happily take returns with no questions asked which isn't something most local shops can do as easily.
That’s one of the nice things about living less than a mile from Samy’s. Of course, there’s also the part where I have to avoid that patch of Fairfax to save my bank account. So many wonderful toys...

Upvote 0
You know it’s funny. I was in Adorama HQ the other day when these came in (I was there to pick up a used copy of the sigma 100-400, not the greatest aperture/AF combo but really sharp at 400, which is what I need and the AF seems to be fast enough for my needs — but I digress).

While I was there, I picked up the R5 display model and was surprised by its bulk after using the RP almost exclusively since it was released. It felt a lot more like holding my old trusty 5d mark iii. Not quite as heavy, but certainly comparably thick and robust, if that makes sense.

I thought I’d share for those who aren’t lucky enough to live in a town where you can actually hold things like this before you buy them.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Allen's camera

Local is nice, but B&H will give you a discount off retail and you don't have to pay tax - I saved about $500 which is like getting the grip and a 256 CFE for free.

Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
You know it’s funny. I was in Adorama HQ the other day when these came in (I was there to pick up a used copy of the sigma 100-400, not the greatest aperture/AF combo but really sharp at 400, which is what I need and the AF seems to be fast enough for my needs — but I digress).

While I was there, I picked up the R5 display model and was surprised by its bulk after using the RP almost exclusively since it was released. It felt a lot more like holding my old trusty 5d mark iii. Not quite as heavy, but certainly comparably thick and robust, if that makes sense.

I thought I’d share for those who aren’t lucky enough to live in a town where you can actually hold things like this before you buy them.

Yep. I can hold my gripped 5D4 and gripped R5 side by side and the difference isn't really noticible unless you think about it. For my the 5D4 is about a half a pinkie's width taller in the grip area which is nothing AFAIC.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
...And don't give me that guff about declaring end user sales tax nonsense because we all know practically nobody actually does that...
1) It is the law and if you choose to break the law, that's your decision. It's no different than any other crime -- stealing, drug dealing, fraud etc. Just because you can get away with it doesn't make it right.

2) In Illinois there is a simple option -- when you file your state tax return they give you the option to pay an estimated amount calculated by the state. I always choose that option. It is a reasonable (and frankly low) estimate, it avoids any risk of audit, frees me from having to figure out the tax I owe and I know that I am supporting the government services that I use as well as those that are needed by others less fortunate than me.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
1) It is the law and if you choose to break the law, that's your decision. It's no different than any other crime -- stealing, drug dealing, fraud etc. Just because you can get away with it doesn't make it right.

2) In Illinois there is a simple option -- when you file your state tax return they give you the option to pay an estimated amount calculated by the state. I always choose that option. It is a reasonable (and frankly low) estimate, it avoids any risk of audit, frees me from having to figure out the tax I owe and I know that I am supporting the government services that I use as well as those that are needed by others less fortunate than me.
So is speeding and jay walking. My point wasn’t that it is the right or wrong thing to do, it was that very few people actually do it. But to equate it to any crime is a bit of a stretch! It is very different to many crimes, and if Amazon, Google, Apple and the rest can get away without paying any federal taxes I don’t see the issue of the little guy getting an occasional win.

Personally I write off 100% of my photography expenses against my tax bill so for me there is no advantage to not paying the sales tax, assuming I have earned enough to write it off, but again, that wasn’t my point.

Upvote 0