Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA has stock of the Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM
Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM Key Features

High Performance L-series versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom RF Lens
Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5 stops of Shake Correction
High Speed, Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus with Dual Nano USM
Minimum Focusing Distance of 2.95′ (0.9m)
12 pin Communication System
Dust and Weather-resistant with Fluorine Coating
One Super UD and Six UD Lens
Zoom Focal Length: Focal Length: 100-500mm

Backordered: Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM at Canon USA

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Currently in stock direct, still shows as in stock. Had been waiting on backordered from b&h until I successfully ordered direct today.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Currently in stock direct, still shows as in stock. Had been waiting on backordered from b&h until I successfully ordered direct today.
Did you get confirmation that it has/will ship, or an estimated date? I see that on the product page it shows In Stock, but as before it still shows Backordered in the cart:
95C2233E-85E2-4495-BCC6-8D3F1967E76D.jpeg

OTOH, CR posted an in-stock notice for the 28-70/2, and unlike the 100-500 that shows as In Stock on the product page and in the cart.

Upvote 0
Congratulations! Looks like it’s happening! Were you on a waiting list with Canon Direct or did you just order it now? If you were on a list how long were you on it?
No, I was not on a waiting list with Canon. I was checking various sites once a day, and when I checked yesterday and it showed as in stock.. I pounced on that. Then I created an account here, since I’ve been a lurker, to let those here waiting know about the availability from Canon. I just got lucky with it

Upvote 0
No, I was not on a waiting list with Canon. I was checking various sites once a day, and when I checked yesterday and it showed as in stock.. I pounced on that. Then I created an account here, since I’ve been a lurker, to let those here waiting know about the availability from Canon. I just got lucky with it
Good for you! Enjoy the lens. Hopefully I’ll have mine soon.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Amazon just updated the delivery estimate to Aug 25-30.
The upside is that you will get it earlier. The downside is that you will have to use it for longer on your sluggish R until your R3 arrives! I have been using mine for 8 months now on the R5 and could not be more delighted. It works really well with the RF 1.4x and RF 2x too - I just posted a couple of in the Bird Portraits thread using the 1.4x, which I haven't used for a while, and the crops from the centre of small birds 14m away are very sharp

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
The upside is that you will get it earlier. The downside is that you will have to use it for longer on your sluggish R until your R3 arrives! I have been using mine for 8 months now on the R5 and could not be more delighted. It works really well with the RF 1.4x and RF 2x too - I just posted a couple of in the Bird Portraits thread using the 1.4x, which I haven't used for a while, and the crops from the centre of small birds 14m away are very sharp
Most of what I've been shooting since the start of the pandemic has been local...very local, i.e. in my back yard. Like this recent visitor who was strolling along a retaining wall.

RJR00814.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Most of what I've been shooting since the start of the pandemic has been local...very local, i.e. in my back yard. Like this recent visitor who was strolling along a retaining wall.

View attachment 199620
Same here! Here is a visitor to mine this evening. The whole Muntjac family comes along to eat the windfalls at the bottom of my garden. We are very lucky that our garden though being in town backs onto a stream and meadows with a corridor of woods. These were taken with the 800 f/11 - and only just fitted into the frame. We also have a tame urban fox. I've learned so much more about the local flora and fauna because of Covid, but after 18 months it's getting rather too familiar.309A9503-DxO_Muntjac_small.jpg309A9530-DxO_Muntjac_.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0