Stock Notice: Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM at the Canon USA Store

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store has limited stock of the hard-to-find Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM priced at $2799.
Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM Key Features

High Performance L-series versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom RF Lens
Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5 stops of Shake Correction
High Speed, Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus with Dual Nano USM
Minimum Focusing Distance of 2.95′ (0.9m)
12 pin Communication System
Dust and Weather-resistant with Fluorine Coating
One Super UD and Six UD Lens
Zoom Focal Length: Focal Length: 100-500mm

Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM $2799

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Every time I see the extra $100 added to a RF series L lens, I get annoyed. It just feels so petty to raise prices during a pandemic, even if we're kind of at the tail end of it.
I'm going to bet there will be more and more of that - these prices always go up. It's to be expected right now though - the costs of production inputs for many sectors has continued to increase in price, and shipping costs have gone through the roof. I would have to assume Canon has been hit by the same cost overruns and is going to increase their prices to recoup.

Fun story - Canon Rumors actually saved me a few hundred dollars by posting an article noting that Canadian prices were going to increase on a lens I was after. I ran out and bought it right away, and CR ended up being right - the price increased shortly thereafter. Thanks again for that CR!

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Every time I see the extra $100 added to a RF series L lens, I get annoyed. It just feels so petty to raise prices during a pandemic, even if we're kind of at the tail end of it.
Not sure you can get past the pay wall, but if so, this will give you some perspective.

Upvote 0
I'm going to bet there will be more and more of that - these prices always go up. It's to be expected right now though - the costs of production inputs for many sectors has continued to increase in price, and shipping costs have gone through the roof. I would have to assume Canon has been hit by the same cost overruns and is going to increase their prices to recoup.

Fun story - Canon Rumors actually saved me a few hundred dollars by posting an article noting that Canadian prices were going to increase on a lens I was after. I ran out and bought it right away, and CR ended up being right - the price increased shortly thereafter. Thanks again for

Not sure you can get past the pay wall, but if so, this will give you some perspective.

No, I'm aware of the inflation that's being passed down to the customers and what's driving it. The inflation is caused by suppliers leveraging the shortages to make more profit off the scarcity of chips and other things. I had already bought the RF 28-70mm f2, RF 70-200mm f2.8 and RF 100-500mm before the prices went up. I'm really just annoyed that it's going to cost me even more if I have to replace anything, and I'd be paying extra for equivalent equipment, if that makes sense.

Upvote 0

briangus

CR Pro
Apr 6, 2017
Bangkok
I was on the hunt for an EF-M 15-45 so was trawling round the shops in Bangock trying to find.
No luck as only seems to be available here when purchased with a camera

I did see plenty of RF lenses available.
Everything from the RF50mm f1.8 to the RF600 F4 for sale in one of the shops
Quite a few of the RF lenses were also discounted
There was 3% off the RF100-500, down to ฿96900 (approx $2900)
There were also discounts on the 35mm, 85 f2, 85 f1.2, 70-200 f2.8 and the 28-70.
The 100-500 is looking quite tempting if I can shift the 100-400.

Upvote 0