Stock Notice: Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store has stock of the always hard-to-find Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM. Act quickly if you’re interested, these never last long.
Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM Key Features:

High Performance L-series versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom RF Lens
Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5 stops of Shake Correction
High Speed, Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus with Dual Nano USM
Minimum Focusing Distance of 2.95′ (0.9m)
12 pin Communication System
Dust and Weather-resistant with Fluorine Coating
One Super UD and Six UD Lens
Zoom Focal Length: Focal Length: 100-500mm

Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM $2699

Continue reading...

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
Canon store shows backordered now. Amazon.com has been showing them as ‘in stock soon’ for the past couple of days. I ordered one, mine shows as preparing to ship with an expected arrival 8 days from now.

neuroanatomist

CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
Canon says "in stock" now.
I see that now, and have on a few occasions previously. Try adding it to a shopping cart, then view the cart. Does it still show in stock? Not for me.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 9.13.53 PM.png

unfocused

EOS-1D X Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
Since the Canon store seems to be getting more in stock lately, I'm hoping there is light at the end of the supply chain tunnel. Mine are on backorder from B&H and while it's temping to cancel and order from Canon, B&H gave me a discount since I ordered R5s and extenders at the same time and used their card to rebate the sales tax. I've waited this long, I'll just wait it out.

unfocused

EOS-1D X Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
Since the Canon store seems to be getting more in stock lately, I'm hoping there is light at the end of the supply chain tunnel. Mine are on backorder from B&H and while it's temping to cancel and order from Canon, B&H gave me a discount since I ordered R5s and extenders at the same time and used their card to rebate the sales tax. I've waited this long, I'll just wait it out.
Update. I just checked my B&H order and they are now saying "in progress" with delivery estimated 8/23. Fingers crossed.

john1970

EOS R5
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
Update. I just checked my B&H order and they are now saying "in progress" with delivery estimated 8/23. Fingers crossed.
Good luck and hope your order goes through. I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get one last fall. The R5 with the 100-500 mm is my favorite lightweight wildlife setup.

Reactions: EricN

unfocused

EOS-1D X Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL

Update #2 -- B&H has now marked the lenses as shipped and added the tracking number. Maybe supply chain issues may finally be ending.

Reactions: EricN

neuroanatomist

CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
Update #2 -- B&H has now marked the lenses as shipped and added the tracking number. Maybe supply chain issues may finally be ending.
I hope so. Several RF lenses show as ‘in stock soon’ on Amazon.

I also hope this means early, decent R3 availability.

Reactions: unfocused