Stock Notice: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro at the Canon USA Store

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store has stock of the hard-to-find Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro lens.
Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Key Features

World’s First Medium Telephoto Macro Lens with a Maximum Magnification of 1.4x
High Image Quality and Bright, fixed f/2.8 Aperture Telephoto Macro RF Lens
Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5 Stops of Shake Correction
Hybrid IS Compensates for Angular and Shift Camera Shake during Macro Shooting
High Speed, Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus with Dual Nano USM
Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
Dust – and Weather-resistant
Fixed Focal Length: Focal Length: 100mm

Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro $1399

Continue reading...

Canon Japan are giving a 4 month notice on the RF 100mm. Although, even after customs duties and tax, it’s actually cheaper for me to buy in on an American site and have it shipped to Tokyo.
Well, this is a crazy coincidence. Quite literally 2 mins after posting the above, I get a call from Yodobashi Camera to say that one of their customers never collected their reservation and that I’m next on the list. On my way there now to pick it up. From 4 months wait to a quick train ride.

Even crazier was that just before seeing this post I was also trying to pull the trigger on both the EF model on a Japanese site and the RF model on B&H but both sites were throwing me ‘fatal errors’ at checkout.

This lens and I are destined to be together.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Got this a few weeks ago but my copy has issues. It appears really soft in the viewfinder/back screen but takes a sharp picture. Has anyone experience this? I haven’t reached out to Canon yet but should this week. It's going to be an issue for me to send it in because I already sold my ef version and need this for a lot of my work.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Darecinema

Addicted to lenses.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2018
As an Amazon Prime member, I am seeing 7 of these available for purchase.
I was referring to the RF100-500 but they are sold out now. So happy I grabbed one before the listing changed. It's gone back to non-prime with delivery mid-Oct, but that should mean they are expecting a shipment.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I was referring to the RF100-500 but they are sold out now. So happy I grabbed one before the listing changed. It's gone back to non-prime with delivery mid-Oct, but that should mean they are expecting a shipment.
It now shows In Stock Soon with delivery in ~10 days. I ordered it with that notation on 15-Aug and it arrived on 25-Aug.

The RF 70-200/2.8 is listed as in stock but at a price $316 over Canon’s retail price (and it’s a ships from/sold by Amazon item, not marketplace).

Upvote 0

Dreysi

Canon R3, Sony A7s
Jul 7, 2016
Got this a few weeks ago but my copy has issues. It appears really soft in the viewfinder/back screen but takes a sharp picture. Has anyone experience this? I haven’t reached out to Canon yet but should this week. It's going to be an issue for me to send it in because I already sold my ef version and need this for a lot of my work.
I have the EF version and will keep it, I don't need it for work. However, curious if you noticed image or stabilisation improvements?

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020

I have seen where if you set the SA high, and have a small aperture, it looks much sharper on the final result.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
it works fine for me. i did have the sa thing on by mistake and it looked bad.

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
As an Amazon Prime member, I am seeing 7 of these available for purchase.
I saw that earlier Sunday, and decided to get one. Got it today. Crap packaging... plastic bag wrap. Box inside a bit dented up. Bugs the crap out of me you can buy a feather and they will ship in a massive box... but a 1500 lens, well let's just drag it to the house. Well at least this time they put it in something... last time they slapped a label on the retail packaging and called it good at that (that one had large debris in lens that you could see in the bokeh). I still have to try it out, but first inspection looked ok (if you don't count the box it came in). Good thing these are packaged descent.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
Just ordered it from Amazon! Can't wait to have that macro! This will be my second RF lens after the 35mm 1.8. Wonder how fast the AF is compared to EF lenses. Curious how it works out for portraiture too. I love my EF 85 mm 1.4 but will eventually get the RF 85 mm 1.2.
So I assume you got it by now... how was it packaged.

Upvote 0
So I assume you got it by now... how was it packaged.
terrible! Now, I do understand how ridiculous it is to package a box within a box. But as a person who likes to keep some boxes, I was in shock to see the Canon lens box put in a bag with no padding from Amazon. And then when I ripped open the bag, the box had major damage in one area. I'm sure the lens was fine. However for such an expensive item, you expect better at least for peace of mind. Especially when sometimes they'll package $20 items in elaborate packaging with significant bubble wrap.

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
terrible! Now, I do understand how ridiculous it is to package a box within a box. But as a person who likes to keep some boxes, I was in shock to see the Canon lens box put in a bag with no padding from Amazon. And then when I ripped open the bag, the box had major damage in one area. I'm sure the lens was fine. However for such an expensive item, you expect better at least for peace of mind. Especially when sometimes they'll package $20 items in elaborate packaging with significant bubble wrap.
Amazon's packaging of these items makes me question buying critical things from them.

If you think the bag is bad (my 2nd was shipped this way). Imagine no secondary bag/box w/ shipping label slapped on the retail packaging (my first was shipped that way).

Upvote 0