Stock Notice: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro at the Canon USA Store

Jul 21, 2010
terrible! Now, I do understand how ridiculous it is to package a box within a box. But as a person who likes to keep some boxes, I was in shock to see the Canon lens box put in a bag with no padding from Amazon. And then when I ripped open the bag, the box had major damage in one area. I'm sure the lens was fine. However for such an expensive item, you expect better at least for peace of mind. Especially when sometimes they'll package $20 items in elaborate packaging with significant bubble wrap.
Maybe it’s location dependent. I ordered the RF 100-500 from Amazon in August, and the RF 70-200/2.8 from them a week ago. The first had air pouches on all sides, the second was in a form-fitting box with the headroom on top filled with air pouches. Both boxes (and the lenses in them) are in perfect shape.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
Maybe it’s location dependent. I ordered the RF 100-500 from Amazon in August, and the RF 70-200/2.8 from them a week ago. The first had air pouches on all sides, the second was in a form-fitting box with the headroom on top filled with air pouches. Both boxes (and the lenses in them) are in perfect shape.
Mine came out of 2 different facilities. Both packaged like crap. Note: I have bought lenses from them before, and didn't have this issue. Seems newish.

Upvote 0