Stock Notice: Refurbished Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store once again has stock of the always hard-to-find Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM.
Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM Key Features

Bright, Constant f/2.0 Zoom Lens
L-series Lens with High Image Quality
Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
12 pin Communication System
Dust- and Water-resistant with Fluorine Coating
Air Sphere Coating (ASC) Minimizes Lens Flare and Ghosting
Two UD Elements and One Super UD Element
Zoom Focal Length: Focal Length: 28-70mm

Refurbished Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM $2789 (Reg $3099)
All Canon USA refurbished gear comes with a full 1-year Canon USA warranty.

Continue reading...

I "completed" an order for a refurb version of this lens in... December 2020. Still listed as "backordered." I just assume I'll never get it. Last time I tried to call to cancel it the wait time was over two hours.
GBC, Canon US has a super-dumb inventory system, where they assign you a particular regional warehouse and consider something out of stock for you if that warehouse doesn't have it. If you DO call them, they're able to get something sent to you from a different warehouse. I've had to do this a couple times with them.

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
If OEM Canon refurbished gear were 15% off instead of 10% off of the new MSRP, it would make a much more compelling buy for me.
A brand new, sealed box legal grey import from HK, with 25% off and a 3 year warranty is even more compelling.

I also wonder about the wisdom of buying refurbished gear, particularly camera bodies. A body could get returned due to an intermittent fault that may be missed during refurbishment, and may recur after resale.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Blue Zurich

Traditional Grip
Jan 22, 2022
Swingtown
A brand new, sealed box legal grey import from HK, with 25% off and a 3 year warranty is even more compelling.

I also wonder about the wisdom of buying refurbished gear, particularly camera bodies. A body could get returned due to an intermittent fault that may be missed during refurbishment, and may recur after resale.
I have bought Canon Refurbs for 15 years and every lens was flawless, every body with less than 200 actuations, sometimes 12-20. My take is just like how it is with Apple: These items go through a 2nd round of QC checks, usually being demos, customer returns and overstocks, not to mention brick and mortar camera shops closing up. Not once have I had an issue. Many stories just like that here on CR going way back.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
And since Canon refurbished products have the same one year warranty as new products, there's no need to worry.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I "completed" an order for a refurb version of this lens in... December 2020. Still listed as "backordered." I just assume I'll never get it. Last time I tried to call to cancel it the wait time was over two hours.
Also, I ordered a 24-105 f/4 as a refurb...well, actually it was an RP+that as its kit lens; it was so cheap I effectively got the RP for $300.

The instant I placed my order, it showed backordered; when it came back into stock I waited a couple of weeks for it to ship and then had to call. Apparently when this happens, they literally box the camera up for shipment then forget about it; because the system tells them to box it but doesn't tell them where to ship it to. The lady I spoke with had to do something on her computer to get it "unstuck" and shipped. You might want to make that call and wait, if you have to.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014

Just a note here on Canon refurbished gear purchased online from the CanonUSA.com website - these items, camera bodies and lenses anyway, come with the same 1-year warranty they put on their new stuff. So... there's that to think about. I have purchased in this way from them. Several years ago I got the EF-S 10-18mm 4.5-5.6 IS STM lens for a great deal (around the holidays) for $179 and then a couple years later bought a refurbed 80D w/2 kit lenses: the 18-55mm and 55-250mm for $699.99 (also around the holidays). I have not had an issue with any of these pieces of kit and they all have looked brand new to me - i.e. no signs of wear whatsoever. The only real caveat is that they do not ship their refurbed gear in original packaging: my 80D and Kit lenses came in an older Powershot box.

Upvote 0