Subsequent m naming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul13walnut5

If canon expand or improve the m series I wonder what they will call the new models?

Didn't Leica get a bit defensive when Olympus launched the OM-1 under its original name of m-1?

So will it be the canon m1 m2 m3 etc?
Or the mA mB mC?

Or maybe even names? The m biaritz? The m mayfair? The m club?

Just a bit of fun, but thoughts please....

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
paul13walnut5 said:
If canon expand or improve the m series I wonder what they will call the new models?

Didn't Leica get a bit defensive when Olympus launched the OM-1 under its original name of m-1?

So will it be the canon m1 m2 m3 etc?
Or the mA mB mC?

Or maybe even names? The m biaritz? The m mayfair? The m club?

Just a bit of fun, but thoughts please....
I like the motorway route better ;)

Upvote 0
H

Hobby Shooter

I tried to post a reply earlier, but it didn't work.

I laughed at the M Biatitz name. My thought is that they should market it as a travel camera, but with different naming for different markets. As you're a brit (Scot) and all brits goes to Ibiza, in UK it should be named M Ibiza, in Sweden M Hua Hin, in US M Tijuana, In China M Anywhere where they have a c@sino, in Oz, not sure but maybe something like M Beach Beer Surfing.

Upvote 0
Hobby Shooter said:
in Sweden M Hua Hin .... in China M Anywhere where they have a c@sino ....

Haha! You obviously know Hua Hin very well!

I think it should just be called M 0.1, or M&M, or My, or MP, or maybe just Q. :eek:

But if Leica got a little upset then I would definitely call it the M.1 rather than M-1, just because that would be fun!! Then in a year the new new one should be called M.1.1, then M.1.2 and on it goes.

Added: I am glad Paul's question was not serious, cos I just reread this post! I need coffee, it is too early to be posting!! :eek: 8) :D

Upvote 0
H

Hobby Shooter

expatinasia said:
Hobby Shooter said:
in Sweden M Hua Hin .... in China M Anywhere where they have a c@sino ....

Haha! You obviously know Hua Hin very well!

Added: I am glad Paul's question was not serious, cos I just reread this post! I need coffee, it is too early to be posting!! :eek: 8) :D
Of course, I am Swedish you know ;) . It's nice to get there sometimes to get away from the madness. When we need some civilization we tend to go to BKK or sometimes HH. HH feels like coming home.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.