Surface Pro 4

Jul 16, 2012
I have the Pro 3 with 8GB and the highest CPU and have no problem running LR and PS CC on it, but it probably depends a lot on what kinds of images and how many layers etc you use and what your expectations are performance wise.

As in a 32 layer file with multiple images stiched together is a pretty different thing from my single image 7D 2 shots.

Upvote 0

KKCFamilyman

Capturing moments in time...
CR Pro
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando
www.allofamily.net
I have just setup 2 SP4 with I5 and 8gb Ram. I can say the displays calibrated at 100% srgb so they are good for color correction. I think the PCIE storage makes them pretty fast. I would still look toward the Surfacebook since it has a dedicated GPU and you can detach the tablet portion for lighter loads or edits. It really is the machine for photographers vs the integrated graphics of the surface pro line. For the money you will get a lot more in a dedicated laptop but that is up to your style and what you need. The Lenovo W550s is a great machine. I use a Dell Precision M3800 with a 4k display and love it. I have a quad core processor and 16gb ram Dedicated GPU and 1tb SSD. I paid close to $3k for it but you can get it for less with lower storage. Hope that helped.

Upvote 0