Surfing photos

B

baks5523

Taken at Land's End, the southern tip of Baja California during christmas break.

25q3kle.jpg

Upvote 0
stilscream said:
Not of surfing, per se, but in Carlsbad, CA whilst on vacation I caught this young boy with surfboard in hand.

I know, I know, not as cool as some smoking hot girl catching a wave, but it was what I could shoot in front of my wife.
not bad but you should rotate it so the horrizon is level and crop to suit also what is the big black patch at the bottom?
love the colours and nice composition though

Upvote 0
wickidwombat said:
stilscream said:
Not of surfing, per se, but in Carlsbad, CA whilst on vacation I caught this young boy with surfboard in hand.

I know, I know, not as cool as some smoking hot girl catching a wave, but it was what I could shoot in front of my wife.
not bad but you should rotate it so the horrizon is level and crop to suit also what is the big black patch at the bottom?
love the colours and nice composition though

Thanks for the tips! The sun had been set for several minutes. Had to use ISO 2000 (35mm f1.4L) on my 7d. The beach just became black w/o the surf's glitter. I was going down steep steps which angled me high above the young boy.

Upvote 0
S

smirkypants

stilscream said:
Thanks for the tips! The sun had been set for several minutes. Had to use ISO 2000 (35mm f1.4L) on my 7d. The beach just became black w/o the surf's glitter. I was going down steep steps which angled me high above the young boy.
It's quite pretty, but you definitely need to lose some of the beach on the bottom—probably about half the distance from the bottom of the surfer's feet to the bottom of the photo. As it is the composition is a bit awkward-looking, but with the fix it'll be perfect. Great job shooting!

Upvote 0