Thank-you Canon

troppobash

CR Pro
May 29, 2014
Canon is a good company that looks after its customers.

I bought a G1X MII [1.5"" sensor] in 2014 and use it for travelling wherever I go (especially by plane) - no matter if it is for 1 or 2 days or for weeks.

The lens unit - which is a zoom equivalent 24-120mm - broke 2 years ago, and I paid to have that fixed in 2017.

Then three weeks ago, the lens unit stopped working again. So I sent it back two weeks ago and asked if they can please look at it, and can they please fix it under warranty.

Well, today my camera turned up on my door step all fixed and the report said it was not the lens unit but a faulty screen cable. Canon fixed it for free for 'good-will'.

Thank-you Canon

Reactions: 5 users

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Canon is a good company that looks after its customers.

I bought a G1X MII [1.5"" sensor] in 2014 and use it for travelling wherever I go (especially by plane) - no matter if it is for 1 or 2 days or for weeks.

The lens unit - which is a zoom equivalent 24-120mm - broke 2 years ago, and I paid to have that fixed in 2017.

Then three weeks ago, the lens unit stopped working again. So I sent it back two weeks ago and asked if they can please look at it, and can they please fix it under warranty.

Well, today my camera turned up on my door step all fixed and the report said it was not the lens unit but a faulty screen cable. Canon fixed it for free for 'good-will'.

Thank-you Canon
Good will? Hmmmmm.... are you sure they didn't cripple your camera and send it back without a crutch? Asking for a Sony friend. ;)

Upvote 0