The 5DayDeal Photography Bundle 2020 has launched!

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It’s that time of the year again. The 5DayDeal Photography Bundle 2020 has launched. This is something I support every single year because I find a great deal of value in it. Even if you only learn one thing from all of the content provided, it’s more than worth it for the cost.
The other reason I support this bundle is because of the charity component. We’re going to raise a lot of money for various charities. You also get to choose which charity you’d like to support.
There are three different bundle options to choose from. 5DayDeal has done a great job of offering multiple bundles for different budgets and learning goals.
There is too much available in the three bundles to list here, but head on over to 5DayDeal and learn more.
There are some bonuses for folks that buy the bundle through Canon Rumors.

1 year of CR Pro (which will be set up at the end of the sale on Monday)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
Done. Looks like a bunch of good content, and charity to boot. Opted for the complete thru the CR Link (w/cheat sheets later). Now to cycle thru this mess of info.

So... about that Canon PS Zoom :)

Edit- Picked up the cheat sheets since original posting.
Edit2- Didn't quite catch the charity was only 10%.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I obviously get the bundle at a discount, so I buy it every year.

I have yet to have a year in which at least two of the parts of the bundle didn't at least make me think of things in a different way, or teach me something. That's why this is the only bundle of this kind I promote.

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
I obviously get the bundle at a discount, so I buy it every year.

I have yet to have a year in which at least two of the parts of the bundle didn't at least make me think of things in a different way, or teach me something. That's why this is the only bundle of this kind I promote.

I never heard of this before... so I would never have known otherwise. I usually do humblebundle which is similar...

Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
Yes I bought it. It differs from year to year. Sometimes its not great and feels like a reheated dinner with people using old material that is not earning them any money at all. The charity bit is a good selling point if a bit dubious. 10% of profits. As its all digital you'd think that would be 10% of sales but its likely to be only fraction of the % sales but its end up being a tidy sum. All the contributors are pushing hard through their own links. Maybe the only get a % of the trade they personally bring (who knows how the money is divided up). If you are buying for charity purposes a direct payment to them would be more useful. It seemed to be mainly US charities but one sounded more global. I think its a better bundle this year. Maybe the contributors are not doing so well on their own online sales with the economy and provided better content. I would say it is good value for money this year but the last 2 years we not so good. You end up with bucket loads of things to download but they have streaming this year via a logon (I can't remember if that was there before). In previous years you had to download everything within a limited period of time. I'm not sure if that is the case now (I've only just started downloading)

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
I don't understand the situation about Canon zoom. If we buy the bundle, do we get a chance to win the Zoom? Can someone clarify, please?

How does the Canon Powershot Zoom thing work? Is buying the bundle through canonrumors a chance to enter? First three to buy?

It's a random chance, not first come (clarified that with Craig last night). Also, must purchase thru the referral link in the main post.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
Anyone pick up the cheat sheets yet? If so, what do you think of it?
Edit - Just now picked this up myself to be the guinea pig for you all. Here are my quick thought's...
  • Although it will have a nice use later (when I actually go view the videos)... IMO this should have been included (or cheaper) and could have been made better.
  • The downloads are all named a certain way with a #-# at end... but are not referenced in the cheat sheets (it could have gave that number for faster reference) Edit - Nevermind... seems to be generated numbering unique to when it's downloaded.
  • Or.. better yet, they could have made relative hotlinks in the PDF that if put in the root folder of the unzipped archives... it could have gone directly to the file giving a 1-stop landing page. Edit - Would have to save w/o the generated numbering.
  • There are 142 pages, 33 of which are a generic planner page for each course (basically the exact same form w/ the only thing being different is the title), 12 specific planning pages, 6 full page section breaks, 2 login keeper forms, rest are bundle info.
  • The 3 bundles (main/pro/complete) are separated to their own sections in the pdf. Each has their own table of contents, icon legends, charts, and the write ups of what each course is (the main info).
  • The Bonus content has it's own section but not any of the contents, legends, charts that's included in the 3 bundles.
  • I didn't go thru it all yet, but have found a couple external freebies related to specific courses.
Also, it appears everything is downloadable in the bundles itself... and the streaming is optional method of viewing (unless I'm missing something)? At first I thought there were some download/stream & others stream only... but that does not appear to be the case. Edit- Found out the seminars (Master Classes) that are 'included' are obviously live... so those are, by nature, stream/live only.

So much to try to digest with the pack.

Last edited:
Upvote 0