The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We have been told that Canon still has plans to update its most popular professional full-frame camera, the EOS 5D Mark IV.
The EOS 5D Mark V apparently appeared on an internal roadmap, along with an EOS R Mark II, the source did not provide the timeline of the roadmap.
We think it makes a lot of sense to see another iteration of the EOS 5D DSLR, along with a similarly specced EOS R Mark II.
With all of the new cameras expected in 2020 from Canon, I don’t see either the EOS 5D Mark IV or EOS R replacement coming before Q4 of 2020.
Continue reading...

YuengLinger

Sufficiently Pixilated
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
I just swallowed my coffee the wrong way! Ok, I can hold onto those EF lenses a bit longer. Oh, how I fretted they'd be paperweights by now. :rolleyes: Actually, crow tastes ok if you marinate it in enough hot sauce for a day, then get drunk before eating it with rice.

kiwiengr

EOS M50
CR Pro
Feb 14, 2015
This is excellent news.... having gone 300D, 1D ii, 5D ii, and then 5D iv (and the latter being the best of those for AF), another increment would be great.

Reactions: fox40phil

YuengLinger

Sufficiently Pixilated
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Does Nikon or Some other company have auto AFMA on any of their dSLR's? If it works, that would be a great incentive to consider a 5DV!

Reactions: ashmadux

mclaren777

EOS RP
Apr 9, 2012
I'm so excited for this camera!

I just hope Canon doesn't raise the resolution too much. 30mp feels perfect on the 5D4.