I understand the R6 has a lesser EVF than the R5 - 3.7M dot v 5M dot.Actually, come think of it.
1. Top screen : all the info is in the EVF anyway. So .. great. I actually would prefer the top dialso I can flick from Av to Tv and backwards in a split second.
2. dual memory card in R6. Great
3. Better than in R weather sealing. According to Canon.
4. same evf - great less EVF latency and less battery drain than in R5
5 plus improved AF
6. Plus fantastic 4K/30. Apparently beautiful quality
7. Joystick instead of touch bar
8. 1Dx3 sensor. Magnificent.
in my opinion this is a mini 1 series camera with some what reduced build quality lesser form factor and obviously lighter.
Agree, resale value would not be the best. As generally. Your general public do not dig 20mp cameras these days.