The Canon EOS R5 will begin shipping on July 30, 2020

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
According to Nokishita, the Canon EOS R5 will begin shipping in late July in Japan, and on July 30 in the United States. There was no mention of a European release date, but you can be pretty sure that it will hit that market around the same time.
It’s also reported that the RF 600mm f/11 IS STM and RF 800mm f/11 IS STM will also begin shipping in late July.
The ship date for the RF 85mm f/2 IS STM Macro has not been mentioned as of yet.
Two other previously rumored lenses, the RF 50mm f/1.8 IS STM and RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM are likely going to be some kind of a development announcement and will begin shipping later in 2020.
I have been told that the Canon EOS R6 will begin shipping on or around August 27, 2020.
The ship date for the Canon EOS R6 is currently unknown.
Update: I have updated the article to reflect the shipping date for the Canon EOS R6

Continue reading...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Sep 4, 2018
Let's not forget the spicy part from Nokishita:

The Canon "EOS R6" will be released in Japan in late August. The main features of R6 are "CMOS sensor based on flagship model", "DIGIC X" and "Dual Pixel CMOS AF II".

The main features of the R5 are "the world's first 8K video recording," "the world's highest 8.0-step image stabilization," "about 45 million pixels," and "high-speed continuous shooting at up to about 20 frames per second."

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

sobrien

CR Pro
Apr 26, 2020
Let's not forget the spicy part from Nokishita:

The Canon "EOS R6" will be released in Japan in late August. The main features of R6 are "CMOS sensor based on flagship model", "DIGIC X" and "Dual Pixel CMOS AF II". The main features of the R5 are "the world's first 8K video recording," "the world's highest 8.0-step image stabilization," "about 45 million pixels," and "high-speed continuous shooting at up to about 20 frames per second."

Is there some confusion between the R5 and R6 in the two Nokishita tweets? The R6 one refers to “45 million pixels” which can only be a reference to the R5.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2014
Is there some confusion between the R5 and R6 in the two Nokishita tweets? The R6 one refers to “45 million pixels” which can only be a reference to the R5.
I believe he is talking about both of the cameras. The R6 to have CMOS based on flagship and Dual pixel AF II (like the EOS R5) and then he passes to the R5 with main feature 8k video recording.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2016
The real question (for which there will be no answer as Canon never communicate this) is how much stock in channel will there be? How has COVID affected delivery and estimated quotas? It will be interesting to see how sustained demand is, past the initial clamour from fanboys with GAS (myself included) through the second half of the year, and if Canon can keep up with demand. A part of me thinks they wouldn't be announcng if they didn't think they could keep up though.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015

Only 22 hours now

brace-yourselves.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0