The Canon EOS R6 will begin shipping this week

Baron_Karza

EOS RP
Feb 17, 2019
a reasonable price rather than the approximate $6k we're seeing locally for the R5.
OK, so your current EF system has pretty much everything that the R5 has that you need. You don't see the R5 that much better than what you have for your needs. You mainly just see the R5 more costly. Is that correct? Which system exactly do you have?

I don't think it is, but some other people may think this is funny.

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Reactions: YuengLinger

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Seems to be reasonably positive; yes they do criticize some things, but, I think, justly. I don't know if this is typical of their reviews but I think it's a good review.
I agree it was pretty good. A lot was sort of preference based, but that's OK. Title is sort of sensationalist too. The issue with these guys around here is that they seem to have a history of anti-canon attitudes that was allegedly pretty thinly veiled in past work. The more recent stuff seems to be better in that respect, but I don't have the full history.

-Brian

Shane

I'm New Here
Nov 3, 2014
Got my first one today. I ordered in store pick up locally in Chicago for one. Waiting on the second one via Fedex from B&H and hope it come by Friday morning. Two weddings this weekend.

leadin2

EOS M6 Mark II
CR Pro
Apr 3, 2017
Singapore
Picking up mine tomorrow, it is a long wait since 5dm2. Everything in the R6 is an upgrade for me except pixels. lol
Finally a chance to lay my hands on RF lens. Was looking forward to get either the 50mm or 70-200mm. =)

eosuser1234

EOS 90D
Jul 16, 2013
Japan.
Mapcamera, which is a large camera and used retailer in Japan notified me last night that their shipments will be delayed, with no real clarification on when they can shipout. I have had a reservation since July 21st. I can wait, but I have no other choice. I sold off my 6D and 7Dm2 to help pay for the R6, so I am cameraless for the first time in over 20 years. Let's hope it comes soon.

vrpanorama.ca

Canon r6
Mar 23, 2020
Got mine today, happy. Wonder if we can find out the starting serial number of the series, mine seem very early.

leadin2

EOS M6 Mark II
CR Pro
Apr 3, 2017
Singapore
The firmware in R6 is already 1.1.0 when I got mine, not sure if it is the same as recent update that was announced for R5.

vrpanorama.ca

Canon r6
Mar 23, 2020
The firmware in R6 is already 1.1.0 when I got mine, not sure if it is the same as recent update that was announced for R5.
mine is showing as firmware 1.0 and on the web site I cannot see any firmware updates (but for r5 it is clearly there)

bernie_king

EOS 90D
Jun 30, 2014
Picked up my R6 tonight... still waiting on the R5. Never thought I'd have the R6 first :mad:.

The battery (and the spares I bought) were all dead. I'll check my FW when they charge.

Oct 26, 2016
Ordered a r6 body only, ef rf adapter, and LP-E6NH from amazon directly on 08/27 and on 08/29 got a notice that says track package (although no tracking is currently available). Looks like it will get delivered on 08/31 the official release date.

On 08/27 BH and Adorama only had R6 kits available. When I called they said it might take 4 weeks before the next order arrives.

vrpanorama.ca

Canon r6
Mar 23, 2020
You probably got the earlier batch? Hope you can get your update soon. I’m curious what was fixed. =)
my seial number ends 000201 likely it is the number 201 of the production line, puzzle by the fact that it ships with two firmware yet no updates