Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><strong>Canon Rumors Forum

<span style="font-weight: normal;">The easiest solution to the comments issue at Canon Rumors is to bring the forum back.</span> </strong></p>
<p>The forum will be very integrated into the Canon Rumors site to make it easy to comment and discuss posts. You can obviously also add your own posts.</p>
<p>The domain for the forum should propagate over the next 24 hours.</p>
<p>I will be tweaking and playing around with this. I’ve added a forum suggestion category as well. If you have ideas, please let me know.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/forum" target="_self">http://www.canonrumors.com/forum</a></p>
<p>Some folks expressed interest in moderating for CR, I will get back to you.</p>
<p>I’ll work hard getting the forum populated with stuff, you can help out with that as well.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

C

CAT in HAWAII

:) ok,,, now back to the news! ,,, er,,, rumors!!!!

Your hard work and attention to detail WILL PAY off, so keep at it!
Maybe a one strike and you're out policy would work too,,,
Or ,,, verified users can post immediately,, others would have to be moderated,,,

Or ,, if your comment gets flagged (reported for innappropriate content) you will get the comment moved off the forum and into the "CR guy in basket",,, to be checked on later,,,

I also go to macrumors.com

And they have a system of showing when you joined, how many post you made, and rating system of sorts, by which we (you ) could maybe make a newbie a "P and Shoot" when they first start up, and graduate to next levels,,, EVIL, G10, APS-C and FF,,,

Something of that sort,,,, or if any user gets flagged, restrict their posting rights, ,,, and have only their comments moderated,,,,

Ok,, well tame care and good luck!!!

CAT in HAWAII

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
<p><strong>Canon Rumors Forum

<span style=\"font-weight: normal;\">The easiest solution to the comments issue at Canon Rumors is to bring the forum back.</span> </strong></p>

Happy to hear that bringing the forum back is the easiest solution, because I think it's also the best solution! 8)

I had a little problem quoting a single sentence, it seems the whole post is being quoted in the reply form, and also in the preview window. I had to cancel manually, I don't know if it's my fault, now I post this and check the result.

Upvote 0
@Canon Rumors Guy

"I’ve always tried to let people speak their minds, even if they’re negative towards the site and myself."

I have to disagree with that statement. In the past, I've debated other posters on some point or other and then later returned, looking to read the other person's response, only to find my post deleted. I absolutely agree that there needs to be a line, and if people have resorted to bigotry, profanity, etc., then that is clearly unacceptable. But there is such a thing as being too anal about the slightest hint of conflict, and, in my experience, you've crossed that line in your moderating on more than one occasion. It's your site, and you can run it how you want, but it's one of the reasons I visit this site much less frequently than I once did.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Eric Bowers said:
I've been tuning in for the dishy Canon gossip for awhile now, but haven't ever got too embroiled in the blog comments. I'm looking forward to this forum, though knowing photographers to be the egomaniacs I've always observed from other forums I still hope some fun and usefulness can be had here too!
;)

I have let most of it go. Sometimes a comment like that will lead to a range of discussion that became silly. I'd just delete it all and not single anyone out.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I enjoy this site a lot and I definitely appreciate the effort to assert some control over the comments. I think most people were willing to skip over the negative comments and even be amused at the intensity of some people's opinions (after all, it's just a camera).

But, some of the more recent comments were clearly inappropriate for any forum and it reflects well on you that you were willing to quickly and effectively move to bring some adult leadership to the site.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
papa-razzi said:
On similar enthusiast forums there is often a "buy/sell" section, where members of the community can post items for sale or items wanted to purchase.

Something to consider.

That is on my mind. I am trying to figure out a way to make a bit unique from the other buy/sell forums. I'll come up with something.

Upvote 0
J

J-Man

The useless off-topic posts the last few months have been like a train wreck.
I would like to see similar off-topic comments grouped together and possibly embedded into the first off-topic post,
and if the off-topic is worthy of starting a new topic, then move it but leave the first post with a link to the new location. 8)

Will you be adding a Reputation system? a BS meter? ;D

Upvote 0