These are all of the third party lenses for the Canon RF mount

slclick

PINHOLE
Dec 17, 2013
Anyone have any opinions on the TTArtisan 21mm f/1.5? I love that focal length. Classic wide without getting too whacked. Being $239 it might be worth it even if it's a return. I'm curious about contrast, colors, smoothness of bokeh (10 blades)

Nemorino

EOS R5
Aug 29, 2020
Yongnuo has released a AF lens, the YN85mm F1.8R DF DSM.

Afaik it is the first third party lens with a control ring:
Equipped with control ring, supports silent operation

Users can assign common functions such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, etc. to the control ring according to their needs. Rotating the control ring can quickly adjust the corresponding parameters, greatly improving operation convenience creative efficiency.
The lens is also designed with a "Click" switch: After Click is turned on, turning the control ring will have a clear sense of gear and a "click" sound; When the Click is turned off, turning the control ring will not make any noise,which is helpful during video recording.

Note: The control ring and manual focus ring are an integrated design, please set the switch to the corresponding position when using.

https://www.hkyongnuo.com/productinfo/621310.html

There is no shop selling the RF mount lens in Germany but the Sony version is 279€.

Last edited:
Reactions: bergstrom and jd7

CanonFanBoy

Purple
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
Anyone have any opinions on the TTArtisan 21mm f/1.5? I love that focal length. Classic wide without getting too whacked. Being $239 it might be worth it even if it's a return. I'm curious about contrast, colors, smoothness of bokeh (10 blades)

There are a lot more photos from that lens on flickr. Of course, we don't know what had to be done in post to get there. I used to belong to a vintage lens group and there were several people in the group that loved TTArtisan lenses. Not a vintage lens, but allowed due to manual focus.

Last edited:

Quirkz

EOS RP
CR Pro
Oct 30, 2014
Thanks man! First print I ever sold. Taken on my EOS RP - a budget camera - with a budget lens and a budget Tiffen variable ND all sitting on a busted cheapo travel tripod.
I've got the R5 now... and I still often find myself carrying the RP + 35 1.8. Very much an underrated camera.

Reactions: chasingrealness

bergstrom

Photographer
Feb 23, 2015
Tamron, where the hell are you? And whenever they do come, use USB C fir firmware updates and not have to buy this tap on thing.