think i mist be daft!

P

prossernoski

hiya - been watching what goes on here on and off and when a friend said i should enter the competition - wham bam, here i am... picture uploaded... waiting for my new lens ;-)

Now.. i would like to update my profile with picture etc and more information about myself but can not seem to find where i do this...

can you point me in the right direction please...

many thanks!

Mar 25, 2011
CR requires a few posts to turn on that feature. It came about do to spammers with robots that signed them up and posted links in the profile to business web sites.

This was done to fraudently raise the rating of the web sites in Google, by crooked SEO companies.

If Google found this, they might ban CR as a link farm, so thousands of fake members had to be manually checked and removed, it took several moderators working weeks to check each member and remove the bad ones.

The number of posts required to enter a profile has changed a couple of times, and might change again if the spammers take advantage.

Upvote 0

Meh

Sep 20, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
I guess 4 posts is the magic number...

:)

Signature feature turned on for me after 10 posts although I didn't add anything. Perhaps it's not automatic at a certain number (if so spammers would get it automatically as well after posting any crap) but rather when the moderators review the account after a few posts and feel like it's a real contributor?

Upvote 0