Three new Canon lenses appear for certification

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Three new Canon lenses have appeared in Russia for certification according to Nokishita. At this time, I do not know what these three lenses are.
Below are the latest three lenses that have appeared for certification.

4857C005 – Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro
5053C005-  Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM
5054C005 – Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM

In a normal world, once lenses reach this stage, they tend to be announced within a few months. Things could obviously be different this year.
I haven’t updated the Canon RF lens roadmap in a while, but you can...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

trulandphoto

Upstate NY photographer and retired atorney
CR Pro
Jul 19, 2011
trulandphotography.com
Placing my bets:
- Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro
- Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM
I'm going to take a wild guess that the two consecutively numbered lenses are the two TS-R lenses. No reasoning, just a thought.

Well, maybe a little reasoning. The similar numbers and as relatively low volume lenses they won't over tax supply chains but would be upscale.

padam

EOS R
Aug 26, 2015
I wonder if the reason why the 400 and 600 were the first to come out because they are just conversions from the EF-mount version III lenses, those already have fly-by-wire manual focusing.

trulandphoto

Upstate NY photographer and retired atorney
CR Pro
Jul 19, 2011
trulandphotography.com
I'm going to take a wild guess that the two consecutively numbered lenses are the two TS-R lenses. No reasoning, just a thought.

Well, maybe a little reasoning. The similar numbers and as relatively low volume lenses they won't over tax supply chains but would be upscale.
Shows what I know.