Trade-in your used Canon gear at Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama has upped what they’re paying for select used Canon gear, so if you’ve got something laying around, Adorama wants it.
Below is the maximum Adorama is paying for specific Canon gear (depends on condition)

Canon Cinema EOS C100 $650
Canon Cinema EOS C100 Mark II $1400
Canon Cinema EOS C300 $1000
Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II $3500
Canon Cinema EOS C500 $1700
Canon EOS 5D Mark III $700
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1400
Canon EOS R $1000

Head over to Adorama now and learn more

Continue reading...

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I suppose it depends on the condition of your equipment. $1,400 is actually a very good offer for a 5DIV in my opinion, given that Adorama is selling used bodies for $1, 700 and the street price for a new body from an authorized Canon dealer was $1,749 as recently as June.

While I prefer eBay, I know that many people don't like the hassle of handling the sale yourself. Having just sold a 1Dx II on eBay and having had two scammers try to rip me off (never happened before, btw) I am very appreciative of the protections that eBay offers and if you follow their rules, it's pretty hard to get scammed. I know some folks like Fred Miranda, but I would never sell anything of value on a forum or through Craig's list, without the kinds of protections available from eBay.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I suppose it depends on the condition of your equipment. $1,400 is actually a very good offer for a 5DIV in my opinion, given that Adorama is selling used bodies for $1, 700 and the street price for a new body from an authorized Canon dealer was $1,749 as recently as June.

While I prefer eBay, I know that many people don't like the hassle of handling the sale yourself. Having just sold a 1Dx II on eBay and having had two scammers try to rip me off (never happened before, btw) I am very appreciative of the protections that eBay offers and if you follow their rules, it's pretty hard to get scammed. I know some folks like Fred Miranda, but I would never sell anything of value on a forum or through Craig's list, without the kinds of protections available from eBay.
eBay has become full of scammers. So long as Adorama doesn’t say $1000 for EOS R trade in, but then tell me it’s 70% of $1000. They’ve done that to me in the past. I’d rather avoid the eBay hassle.

The last camera, and a drone, I sold both, got DM in eBay from clear scammers telling me they had won the listing and had just moved to please send to their new address. Naturally eBay said that can happen with high value items. Of course neither eBay username matched the actual winner. Glad I double checked and contacted both eBay and the real buyers. So that’s one scam.

And then there are the scammers who buy your item and then claim “not as described” and eBay gives them the money back but keep your item, or uses it for a month and then can return it.

Nothing is perfect. I get it.

Upvote 0