[*update, case closed, thanks everyone*]Urgent---This is 70-200 IS MK I or MkII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[*Update, thanks guys for your answers, case closed*]

Just bought a lens online. It was advertised as MkII. But after paying, I noticed that the lens hood is ET-86, not ET-87 which is the hood for the MKII.

Can someone who knows the difference identify if this is a MKI or MKII?? If its a MKI I'll need to get back to the seller. I only have 1 photo.

thanks

Attachments

• lens.jpg
    lens.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,519
D

dswtan

Re: Urgent---This is 70-200 IS MK I or MkII?

Agree @sheedoe. Lens is turned so you can't see the "II" on the silver band at far left.

Rapidly swap between two tabs in a browser on these pages to see the wider rubber focus ring on the II:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-2.8-L-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-2.8-L-IS-II-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

Upvote 0

JR said:
Sorry 00Q, this does look like a mark I. On the silver circle at the top where it is written 70-200mm if it is a mark II it would be marked as such. Just checked on mine.

Good luck resolving with your seller...regards,

Jacques

Yes just what I thought. case closed. Thanks everyone....will contact the seller

Upvote 0

Canon should have done something to distinguish them a little better. 2 red rings? ;D What did the seller say? Ooops?

I am always intreaged on eBay when someone selling a $1000+ lens posts terrible photos, or none at all. It generally makes me avoid the auction, although sometimes people just don't take the time. If I am really interested I'll ask for detailed photos via email.

Upvote 0

TexPhoto said:
Canon should have done something to distinguish them a little better. 2 red rings? ;D What did the seller say? Ooops?

I am always intreaged on eBay when someone selling a $1000+ lens posts terrible photos, or none at all. It generally makes me avoid the auction, although sometimes people just don't take the time. If I am really interested I'll ask for detailed photos via email.

got a full refund. Seller was selling on the behalf of his partner so he doesnt much about lenses. I dont mind as I got my money back :) thanks to you guys we caught the problem before it was sent so no money wasted on both parties :):)

Yes, canon should ahve done something better on the IS II, like a slightly different paint work on the body...grrr

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.