Urgent: need help post processing

In another thread I received some Black and White feedback, which is really helpful, but takes time for me to learn and master.

Unfortunately, my wifes grandma will probably pass away very soon :( I have a photo where she still looks very happy and we want to print it for the funeral.

Since I am not so experienced in post processing I would like to ask if somebody with more post processing experience could do me a favour and make a good color and black&white image from this photo? Please send me a PM and I can send you a download link to the CR2 file.

oma.jpg

Mar 1, 2012
I'm sure no post processing wizard, for sure not the help you need.
But, if I was expert, I wouldn't begin to attempt what you ask without a printer/paper/ink specific icc profile for soft proofing.
Will you be printing on your own hardware? If so, is it profiled?
If you'll be contracting the print out, all competent print shops have icc or icm files available for download.

Upvote 0
Thanx a lot for the attention and the PM's I received. I am confident I will get a nice BW & Color photo!

Regarding printing: I'm not aware of how to print properly and I have to admit that I have tons of photos that should be printed, but haven't been. My plan is to send it to a Dutch company called profotonet.nl. I have read a lot of positive things about them.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Unless you have something specific in mind, we can't help you with post processing. If you have a specific request, someone might be able to help.

For example, she is squinting, and her eyes might be opened a bit more, that may or may not be a improvement. Her teeth could be whitened a little as well. You have to tell people what you want. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing, you should remember her as she is.

It should print fine by any competent printer.

Upvote 0
Yes as others have said, let a good photo lab print it and it will turn out fine. I work at a photo lab here in the states and one problem we often have is people processing files in Photoshop who don't really know what they are doing and basically they ruin the picture. Better off just giving the lab the original file.

Upvote 0