Using a Canon T2i with EOS Webcam Utility?

Mar 15, 2018
United States
Hello,

I have a T2i laying around that I'd like to use for streaming on Zoom/MSN Teams etc. I know it's not supported officially through the EOS Webcam Utility app. However, the same app supports the T3/T3i (a T2i with a flip out screen), and even the SL1 (a T2i in a smaller package). Before I go out and buy the older type USB cable (or should I be using the miniHDMI port?), I was wondering if someone has managed to use the T2i in this fashion, using the EOS Webcam Utility, or something else.

Thanks,
-Victor

LDS

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 14, 2012
You'll need the USB cable. You can also buy an adapter instead of a whole cable, i.e. a micro to mini adapter. To use the HDMI feed you'd need a video capture device or card.

Reactions: victorshikhman

LDS

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for responding. But otherwise it will work with a T2i?
I don't own a T2i so I can't confirm it. If the T2i works with the EOS Utility remote control, showing the image preview, my guess it will work with the webcam utility - but it's just a guess. It worked with my 5D Mk III before it was officially supported. Just be aware a battery won't last long, it would be better to power if from an AC converter.

Reactions: victorshikhman