For giggles, my prediction for the R1 specs are....
Same body as R3 ( AF-On smart controller buttons, dual CFe slots):
- Global shutter (no mechanical shutter). Rolling shutter artifacts significantly better than current electronic shutter
- Flash sync at any shutter speed
- 9+ megadot EFV with no blackout and fast refresh rates (at least 120fps). >0.5" in size
- 80mp sensor with IBIS (IBIS can be turned off)
- 30+ fps raw. 120fps with cropped sensor
- QPAF in very low light
- ~20mp on-the fly over sampled (no lossy compression/cRAW/S-RAW) at 30fps unlimited buffer. Best of both worlds.
- Predictive shutter press
- Pixel shift high resolution stills with in-camera file generation
- New Digic XI processor for much greater processing power generating less heat (system on chip). Dual processors to spread any heat physically
- 12k raw internal video. External recording via UBS-c
- Oversampled unlimited 8k cinema raw lite internal recording to CFe card capacity
- Oversampled 6K/60. Oversampled 4k/120 unlimited internal recording.
- No recording limit
- New battery with greater capacity
- Full sized HDMI 2.1 port (48G) or thunderbolt 4 USB-C or both.
- Mini XLR audio option
- Ethernet port
- Side flippy screen. Dual axis screen as a possibility but I don't think that it would be as weather/ abuse resistant as a side version
That's definitely a $10,000 camera, I'll say that much!