West Somerset Railway

Overall good lighting and pretty models. Photo 1 is the best IMO as the lighting is good and you have included some of the railway elements. Photo 2, though well lit, beautiful subject and a nice portrait, it does not include any of the railway elements which is the subject of the post. Phot 3 could be improved by eliminating the "hot spot" on the back wall paneling (either by reshooting or via post processing.) Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. For the first two, I deliberately did a combination of closeups and wider shots (I also have others). Some other people prefer the second because some of the distracting elements of the workshop (particularly the fire extinguisher, which I have another without it) and the closeup nature of it, it just proves how much it is down to taste. The third one was a bit more challenging, as it would have taken too much time to set up more complicated lighting, particularly as I'd have had to borrow someone elses, as I don't have lightstands, umbrella etc. (I rarely do portraits and they're on my list). As a result I could only use bounced flash, which still resulted in the hotspot. I could probably work on it more, but it was a pretty quick edit for a quick display on Flickr, before I put the originals on disc. Likewise, the copyright notice (not a signature) was a quick insertion, enough to make anyone wanting to steal it do a little bit of work, so I just wanted them vaguely visible, but it didn't matter how much. Normally, I would upload to my website first, then transfer from there, with a standard copyright notice that is more intrusive and automatically applied as part of the transfer. It's not meant to be pretty, but functional. These however, don't have any commercial value at the moment, due to lack of releases, because they were part of an agreement for access to areas not normally accessible. Therefore, there is unlikely to be further opportunities for a reshoot.

Upvote 0