What Do You Want to See in the EOS M System?

Jun 20, 2013
crashpc said:
rrcphoto: things can be done, but far superior? Ugh, no, not really. I have not seen single shot superior in quality to the old M. I had a chance to have M3 for $380 new, and I still skipped.
That powershot thing is really big let down. And what about that small display? They definitely could put bigger one in there. The mechanism has great area for 3,5" if not larger.

well that's your problem. the M3 for color. excellent with the EF-M lenses. 24 versus 18mp and a finer grained noise structure = WIN.

the lenses react well to DPP + DLO and the resolution difference is most certainly there.

also a little more headroom than the 18mp older sensor.

Upvote 0
A built-in EVF, the tech is out there for a good one.
That's the most important thing, Canon please please PLEASE add an EVF to the EOS M4 with some good tracking options.

Also bring back the genius strap holders that where on the EOS M1.

Very important: Why the heck there is a flat cable behind the screen?? this is very vulnerable!! - make the screen without it as the rest of the industry does.

JD

Canon Rumors said:
The EOS M system was launched in June 2012 to not much fanfare. It was <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO7rxitFLZg" target="_blank">immediately mocked</a> for perhaps the slowest autofocus in the history of digital cameras. The lack of lenses has also been an issue for the system getting any sort of mainstream acceptance. While Canon has improved the camera from the first iteration up to the current EOS M3, it’s still not a very compelling mirrorless system for a lot of consumers.</p>
<p>I do own the EOS M3 and all of the EF-M lenses, but it’s likely always going to be my last choice walking out the door.</p>
<p>What we want to see in an EOS M camera:</p>
<ul>
<li>A larger camera with better ergonomics</li>
<li>Minimize the number of buttons, some of us have big hands</li>
<li>A built-in EVF, the tech is out there for a good one.</li>
<li>A full frame option in the mirrorless lineup</li>
<li>Find some way to make EF lenses work like they do on a DSLR, this is the hard one.</li>
<li>More native lenses</li>
</ul>
<p>Some people love the EOS M3, and that's cool. If you're happy, I'm happy you're happy. Maybe I'd just like to see the EOS M lineup expanded, more so than flat out replacements of the EOS M3 & EOS M10.</p>
<p>What do you want to see in the EOS M lineup? Do you like the compact size of the current cameras or would you prefer something the size of the Fuji, Sony and Leica offerings?</p>
<p>Sound off in the forum</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Upvote 0
rrcphoto said:
with EF-M lenses though, I find the M3 far superior image wise to the M - with the exception of IR.

the M3 cannot be IR converted at all.

Yeah I agree as well. initially I didn't like the m3 colors but now that I got use to it, it is so much better. The only exception is with skintones under certain lighting conditions.

The m3 will be my last crop camera, I don't think there is much more that Canon can improve in terms of IQ and frankly for the 6x4s I print it is enough. Next camera will be a full frame for me, so hoping Canon does release one, in the mean time Sony is my only option, I will wait for a deal on the a7ii, hopefully sometime in spring.

The M3 introduced me to legacy lens, so I have a picked up a bunch of primes mainly around 50mm that I love to use. The main issue for me is the crop factor.

Upvote 0
my wants for the M would be Pop up, hot shoe, EVF, touch, C1 C2 modes, lots of sensitive focus points, quick focus no lag...

The IQ is fine, FF would be nice, I would have to realign my lens lineup a little for APC & everyday use...

ติดตามบล็อกเกมสนุกมันส์ๆได้ที่นี่
olivergameonline
ambl-fanfic.tumblr

Upvote 0
I own a Sony NEX 5N mirrorless and it takes great pictures. I don't have a EVF or a built in flash. Which I want. I haven't upgraded yet because I was waiting for Canon to seriously get in the mirrorless game. The offerings to this point aren't an upgrade. I also have a Canon DSLR and would like to use some of those lenses so a Canon mirrorless option makes sense.

I'm hoping that Canon wants to be a real contender in this market place. It only makes sense.

Upvote 0