Where is the Sigma 14mm F1.8?

D

Deleted member 378664

last Weekend I went to my camera dealer here in Germany who organizes a little trade fair two times a year. At his mini trade fair some represantatives from Canon, Nikon, Hasselblad, Fuji, Sigma, Tamron, Manfrotto,... are present.
I asked the Sigma represantative if he knows something about availability and price.
He also could not say when the 14mm f1.8 lens will be available.

regards
Frank

Upvote 0
Photorex said:
last Weekend I went to my camera dealer here in Germany who organizes a little trade fair two times a year. At his mini trade fair some represantatives from Canon, Nikon, Hasselblad, Fuji, Sigma, Tamron, Manfrotto,... are present.
I asked the Sigma represantative if he knows something about availability and price.

regards
Frank

Lichtblick in Konstanz?

-Sebastian

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

LordofTackle said:
Photorex said:

regards
Frank

Lichtblick in Konstanz?

-Sebastian

Yes. This is the dealer I meant.

Upvote 0
tron said:
So it seems they announced it in advance merely to stop people from getting the Samyang 14mm 2.4 which is a real lens today!

If I had not already had my copy of the Samyang, I wonder if I would have waited? As it is, I really enjoy the Samyang.

Attachments

• Prickly Locust  1.JPG
    Prickly Locust 1.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
Photorex said:
Yes. This is the dealer I meant.

I've been there as well. I hoped that maybe they had a test version of the 14mm with them and I also wanted to try some of their newer lens releases (85, 135).

I was pretty annoyed when the Sigma guy told me that almost all lenses they had with them were in Nikon mount -.-

But luckily there was also a lot of other interesting stuff to see and try :)

-Sebastian

Upvote 0
NancyP said:
Samyang 14 f/2.8 is pretty decent except for the godawful mustache distortion, which is less of an issue for landscape/astro than for architectural photography. (assuming that you got a centered copy). I would be tempted by the Sigma 14 f/1.8 if it has simpler distortion and low coma.

The Samyang 14mm f/2.4 actually does well on both counts. Simpler distortion and the best coma performance I've seen from any lens.

Upvote 0