Winter photography gloves - Vallerett - Help

JRPhotos

5D4, 24-105LII, 70-300L, 35 1.4II, 85L 1.2II, 100L
Jan 19, 2014
Maine
www.jrogdenphotography.com
I live in Maine, in our winters can get pretty cold. I have some really nice military mittens with a furry patch on the back of the hand and they are great- I've been using those for awhile but would prefer to keep them for non-photography work.

I'm looking at the Vallerett gloves, I like that the finger tips pull back but I don't like how they measure warmness.

Any advice or experience with Ipsoot Photography Glove or Markhof Pro 2.0 Photography Glove?

JRPhotos

5D4, 24-105LII, 70-300L, 35 1.4II, 85L 1.2II, 100L
Jan 19, 2014
Maine
www.jrogdenphotography.com
Upvote 0
the great feature of Markhof Pro 2.0 Photography Glove
  • non-slip grip,
  • thermal insulation,
  • ultra breathable materials,
  • windproof and water resistant,
  • removable index and thumb finger caps
Markhof Pro 2.0 for 2019: Premium Gloves for Everyday Use in Mid Winter, if you could accept these truth disadvantage I think you'll have your own answer

but still have some “disadvantage”

1st thing:
While Markhof is windproof and water-resistant, they aren’t fully waterproof.
So, this means that if you’re out in the rain, your hands will get wet.
(Still warm though.)

2nd thing:
These gloves are NOT touchscreen compatible.
This might be a deal breaker for some people but that’s basically the trade-off in order to have extra warmth when wearing Markhof Pro.
(To be able to use your smartphone/camera touchscreen LCD, you’ll need to remove your finger caps.)

3rd thing:
These gloves are suitable for every day use in MID winter.
I certainly don’t recommend using this product for harsh temperatures below 15ºC (5ºF).

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi JRPhotos.
I have the Vallerett Markhof Pro 2.0 gloves, they are nice gloves, I have used them around 0°C, and through to +15 on windy days where holding large lumps of magnesium will chill the hand rapidly, they are great for that scenario, I’m not sure I’d want to push them as low as -15°C (5°F) I think they would struggle to provide enough warmth though this is just speculation based on my use scenario.
I like that the finger tips fold back and are firmly held out of the way by the magnets, I like it more that the gloves are fully usable to drive a 7DII and every other Canon camera I can lay my hands on plus the lens switches etc. On the other hand I have a pair of sheepskin gloves (with wool on the inside) and they can drive the cameras too but I have to take them off if I need a finger! :ROFLMAO:
Every thing said above about the disadvantages is pretty much accurate though I think the not touchscreen compatible would be true for all gloves thick enough to be winter proof? I would add another disadvantage and that is that the non slip rubberised pattern (that is supposed to look like a specific mountain range somewhere) gives the effect that the coating is failing even when brand new!

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0