Wrist or Neck strap

Do you use a wrist strap or neck strap with your DSLR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2010
lilmsmaggie said:
Anyway, I'm also considering a RRS L-bracket for the 5DMKII and was wondering if all of the components (RS-7, L-Bracket and wrist strap, etc.) were gonna play nice. The wrist strap is intended for the 5DMKII.

Not quite, but with one addition - yes. Actually, the three you list (BR strap, RRS L-bracket, and wrist strap) will play nice - the L-bracket has a lower lug for a wrist/hand strap (that's what the camdapter provides), and a threaded socket for the BR FastenR-3 lug. The 'not nice' part is that to mount the L-bracket to a tripod, you've got to unscrew the lug.

The solution is to put an Arca-Swiss type clamp on the BR strap lug. I use a Kirk QRC-1 clamp for that, it's a small 1" clamp (RRS has a 1.5" one, the B2-FAB-F, but a wider clamp isn't needed for this - the Kirk 1" holds even my 1D X +! 600 II). Connect the BR lug to the clamp with a little Loctite Blue 242 on the threads. That way, you can unclamp the strap, mount the camera to a tripod, move the clamp to a lens collar plate, or another body (you could get an RRS base plate or Wimberley P-5 for your Rebel).

Have a good trip!

Upvote 0
Kewl! - Thanks Neuro

neuroanatomist said:
Not quite, but with one addition - yes. Actually, the three you list (BR strap, RRS L-bracket, and wrist strap) will play nice - the L-bracket has a lower lug for a wrist/hand strap (that's what the camdapter provides), and a threaded socket for the BR FastenR-3 lug. The 'not nice' part is that to mount the L-bracket to a tripod, you've got to unscrew the lug.

The solution is to put an Arca-Swiss type clamp on the BR strap lug. I use a Kirk QRC-1 clamp for that, it's a small 1" clamp (RRS has a 1.5" one, the B2-FAB-F, but a wider clamp isn't needed for this - the Kirk 1" holds even my 1D X +! 600 II). Connect the BR lug to the clamp with a little Loctite Blue 242 on the threads. That way, you can unclamp the strap, mount the camera to a tripod, move the clamp to a lens collar plate, or another body (you could get an RRS base plate or Wimberley P-5 for your Rebel).

Have a good trip!

Upvote 0
I bought a BR RS-7, and it changed my life. Or my shooting at least. I've carried a 1D Mark III with a 70-200 IS II for hours without it bothering me at all. Got one for my second wedding shooter for his Bday, he also loves it.

One thing I worried about before I bought it was the security of the connection between the camera and the connecter, but it feels completely solid and safe and I've had no problems out of it. If I had to choose between never using a BR or my 135 f2 ever again........ it would be hard.

Upvote 0
Great theme. I mostly use a regular belt when I walk down the street or go to the car and of course, there is the belt around my neck while working with the camera. I mean, just 2 options. However, I would like to note that the severity of working with the photographer is not saved by the strap as special body accessories, such as Compression Tights. During big ceremonies, like corporate parties or weddings, I have to “hunch” much and stand on my feet for a long time. I am sure that many amateur or professional photographers will understand me. It is very saving. Does anyone else do this?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Another vote for the Blackrapid.

When using the 7Dii with the 100-400ii I have the Blackrapid connected to the tripod screw on the camera and the tripod foot of the lens will tuck into my trouser pocket to stop the camera/lens swinging about when I walk.

I've also connected a single short strap to the left hand strap connector on each camera. The short strap has a karabiner which clips around the main black rapid strap. If the connector unscrews from the tripod socket the modification stops the camera gear hitting the floor. The strap can be used normally with this modification.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.