Status
Not open for further replies.

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
Mt Spokane Photography said:
neuroanatomist said:
I use a shoulder strap (Blackrapid) and a hand strap (Canon E1).
+1111
Neck straps are a problem for me, but I can use the Black Rapid with heavy outfit all day with no pain.
I'm with Neuro and Spokane, Shoulder strap is the only way to go, forget about the neck or hand straps... I use "Carry Speed" shoulder straps on my 7d and my 5d3 and wouldn't think of leaving home without them! As Spokane said, you can go all day with them on, without issue or discomfort and added safety for your gear, at least in my opinion anyway... Good luck!

Upvote 0

Old Sarge

CR Pro
Nov 6, 2012
I want to join those that are recommending the Black Rapid strap. I love mine and have purchased some for presents for friends and family. But today I am feeling especially fond of them.

This past week my wife and I spent three days in Tulsa, OK, for a southern gospel concert event. Since the concerts were all evening events we had our days free. I am fond of going to the zoo in whatever city we find ourselves so Friday was "zoo day." I carried my 7D with 70-200L on it. As we were standing at a crossroads my wife said, "Something fell off your camera. You are about to step on it." Turned out one of the bumpers on my strap had broken. No doubt I had put some odd stress on it during the time at the zoo causing it to break. No big issue, worked fine without the bumper. When I got back to the motel that afternoon I took the BR strap off my 40D (told you I liked them) and placed it on the 7D which gets more use.

Saturday afternoon I had some spare time so I sent an e-mail to Black Rapid's customer service. Today they responded to my e-mail requesting my address so they could send me a couple of the "bumpers." I was willing to buy a couple but they are sending them gratis. I responded right away and they are already on the way to my home.

Not only is the Black Rapid strap a great product but they offer great customer service. And they will keep my business when I need a new strap.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Old Sarge said:
Not only is the Black Rapid strap a great product but they offer great customer service. And they will keep my business when I need a new strap.

+1.

After close to 2 years of using my RS-4 (mostly with a gripped body and large white zoom), the 'leading' edge of the strap started to fray just a bit. Didn't look like anything that would compromise the structural integrity of the strap, but I sent BR an email just to check. They agreed that it wouldn't pose a risk...but they sent me a new strap anyway, for free.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:

Ditto, except I use the BR wrist strap instead of the Canon hand strap.

The RSS L-bracket stays permanently attached to the grip on my 5DIII. I have a 1" clamp permanently attached to the BR shoulder strap.

There are three basic scenarios.

Either the camera (with grip and L-bracket) is mounted to a tripod (either via L-bracket or lens mount), in which case there's no strap attached to it.

Or I'm hand-holding the camera with the grip attached and the BR shoulder strap attached to either the L-bracket or the lens mount.

Or I'm going lightweight and I've removed the grip (but left the L-bracket attached to the grip) and I've attached the RSS wrist strap to the camera's tripod lug. And I'm almost guaranteed to be shooting with the Shorty McForty.

Cheers,

b&

Upvote 0
Been thinking about picking up a BR. Currently have a Rebel with a Click wrist strap (just in case). I hate the feel of a neck strap.

Since I use a smaller body, and I am usually using smaller lenses (most of the time, not always), 35 2.0, 85 1.8, which BR would be the best choice? Is the new Metro for even smaller gear like m43?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
Dantana said:
Been thinking about picking up a BR. Currently have a Rebel with a Click wrist strap (just in case). I have the feel of a neck strap.

Since I use a smaller body, and I am usually using smaller lenses (most of the time, not always), 35 2.0, 85 1.8, which BR would be the best choice? Is the new Metro for even smaller gear like m43?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Any of them will be great. I've never seen the Metro. With the price of camera gear being what it is, I tend to lean to the overkill side, so I would get any of the regular BR straps. I use the RS Sport, but they're all good.

Upvote 0
I'm glad you mention this.

This is the scenario that will be coming up for me soon and I've been considering the BlackRapid RS-7 but I'm going back and forth between RS-7 and the Sport. I'm wondering if I'll need the brad or not. The cost of the Sport includes a brad. Anyway, In about two weeks I'll be spending 4 days in Morro Bay, CA.

The plan is to take my 24-105 mounted to a 5DMKII for handheld shots and a 70-300L mounted to a T3i mounted to a tripod for distance, or vice versa. I know I like hand holding the 70-300L with the T3i, so consequently that lens will see a lot of use. Anyway, I'm also considering a RRS L-bracket for the 5DMKII and was wondering if all of the components (RS-7, L-Bracket and wrist strap, etc.) were gonna play nice. The wrist strap is intended for the 5DMKII.

Anyone know anything about camadapter: http://www.camdapter.com

TrumpetPower! said:
neuroanatomist said:

Ditto, except I use the BR wrist strap instead of the Canon hand strap.

The RSS L-bracket stays permanently attached to the grip on my 5DIII. I have a 1" clamp permanently attached to the BR shoulder strap.

There are three basic scenarios.

Either the camera (with grip and L-bracket) is mounted to a tripod (either via L-bracket or lens mount), in which case there's no strap attached to it.

Or I'm hand-holding the camera with the grip attached and the BR shoulder strap attached to either the L-bracket or the lens mount.

Or I'm going lightweight and I've removed the grip (but left the L-bracket attached to the grip) and I've attached the RSS wrist strap to the camera's tripod lug. And I'm almost guaranteed to be shooting with the Shorty McForty.

Cheers,

b&

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.