Yes" Portable Multi-Flashes" for Crazy Surapon=My DIY.

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Yes,
Dear Friends, I am the Crazy One, 2 years ago, After I get hired to shoot the Wedding Photos, For The Best Light, I must hire 3 more Light carrier/ Helper, to carry 3 Support Lights for my Best Pictures. After that, No more useless helpers , that I have to tell them what to do in every Photos, That make the Clients see my Mistakes---Ha, Ha, Ha----After that, I invent and Build my DIY. "Portable Muti-Flashes" that work for me, Plus , I carry the 2 -160 LED. Small light Panels on my belt, and use for Back Light. and Back ground Light = Bing-Go.
Yes, My Idea =Soft Side Light, Plus Eyes, Catched Light + Bounce Light in my hands, and Plus the LED. Back Light/ Back ground support light.
Enjoy
Surapon

PS--for the Legend of Photo L-MFH-7 :
A= MONO-POD
B= CUSTOM BRACKET FOLDING " T"
C= RPS STUDIO, MODEL RS-03102 MULTI-FLASHES HOLDER.
D= HARSWARE CRAMP.
E= DETACHABLE BASE AND HOTSHOE MOUNTED.
F= CANON FLASH 580 EX II
G= GRASLON 4100F, FLASH MODIFIER--MAIN LIGHT = BIG SOFT LIGHT WITH MINIMUM SHADE AND SAHADOW.
H= PHOTTIX ODIN, TTL + TTL ii FLASH CONTROLER/ WIRELESS TRANSMITTER FOR 3 GROUPS 12 FLASHES.
I= PHOTTIX ODIN- TTL + TTL-ii FLASHES RECEIVERS.
J= CANON FLASH 580 EX.
K= STO-FEN OMNI-BOUNCE( diy MODIFY) FOR CATCH LIGHT AT EYES OF MODELS.
L= CANON 5D MK II AND CANON LENS EF 24-70 MM. F/ 2.8 L USM.
M= CANON OFF-CAMERA SHOE CORD TO LINK CAMERA AND PHOTTIX ODIN TRANSMITTER

Attachments

• L-MFH-7.jpg
    L-MFH-7.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1,075
  • L-MFH-6 - Copy.jpg
    L-MFH-6 - Copy.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,077
  • MFH-12.jpg
    MFH-12.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • MFH-5.jpg
    MFH-5.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 1,065

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Yes, My Idea =Soft Side Light, Plus Eyes, Catched Light + Bounce Light in my hands, and Plus the LED. Back Light/ Back ground support light.

Attachments

• N-5.jpg
    N-5.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,120
  • N-4.jpg
    N-4.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,091
  • N-3.jpg
    N-3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,041
  • N-2.jpg
    N-2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,075
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Attachments

• N-10.jpg
    N-10.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,034
  • N-9.jpg
    N-9.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,063
  • N-7.jpg
    N-7.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,090
  • N-6.jpg
    N-6.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,031
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Attachments

• N-16.jpg
    N-16.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,066
  • N-14.jpg
    N-14.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • N-12.jpg
    N-12.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 1,016
  • N-11.jpg
    N-11.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,063
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Enjoy.
Surapon

Attachments

• N-18.jpg
    N-18.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,055
  • N-19.jpg
    N-19.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Z-H.jpg
    Z-H.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Z-K.jpg
    Z-K.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,006
Upvote 0
Very well put together and nice photos. I don't know much about flash photography. I understand the big diffuser panel for soft light, the low angle LED's to illuminate the ground. But The flash that is pointed up "j" isn't used for illumination, just as a point light source for the reflection in the models eyes? I know it may look cumbersome but I can see why it would be better than trying to keep it all aligned by handholding

Upvote 0
Hi Mr. Surapon. I enjoy reading your posts even if I don't comment on them. Love that Rube Goldburg rig, it's awesome looking and from the photos seems very useful.
For photo n-6.jpg, the one w/ the little blond girl in the pink bonnet on the bridge what lens/FL/aperture? I really like the bokeh in that one a lot. On the contrary n-5.jpg, right above, I don't care as much for the bokeh there. :)
Thanks for posting!

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
ajfotofilmagem said:
I'm sure you get a very soft light with his invention. 8) The problem of this kind of Gadgety is the complex assembly and the reaction of the kids. ??? Or the children are mesmerized looking at the equipment, or they escape running. ;D

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear sir, ajfotofilmagem, You are 1000% right on the target "the children are mesmerized looking at the equipment, or they escape running"---Ha, Ha, Ha-----This Equipment not only Surprise by the Kids, But, All the People look at me like a crazy old Photographer too, Yes, I know, But Good that They see the Oriental Old man, And That why , They not Laugh----Ha, Ha, Ha---But, my advantage are, 1) all of them/ my subjects look at me and I get the perfected shots, Plus, get the good soft light with Catched Light in their eyes with out the blinked eyes.
Yes, Sir, If any Photographers around me, They will come to see, and ask me = What is that big soft box-----Ha, Ha, Ha, and I give them the name.
Have a great weekend, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Harv said:
I don't think I could handle that unless it came equipped with wheels. :D

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Harv---That why the Monopod is the most important item in this equipment.
No, I can bet that , you are younger, Strong and Handsome than me, That no problem for you--for the weight----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
ninjapeps said:
You may be crazy but it's the fun and creative kind of crazy. I don't have the patience to make or carry something like this. :D

Thanksss, Dear ninjapeps.
Yes, But I save the Money in every Wedding Job, 3( staffs) X 15 US Dollars per Hours X 12 Hours of wedding time from the ceremony , to the cerebration in the late evening = 540 US Dollars----Ha, Ha, Ha--That I can give the Clients great Price of my service + the cost of Prints, The problems are not this Portable Equipment in my hands, But the Lenses, Batteries, Flashes, LED Light Panels on my Backpack , on my back---NO, I CAN NOT LEAVES on the Ground, Yes, The backpack will be gone in a brink------Ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

Upvote 0