Your perfect next M body?

Jan 21, 2022
As much as canon is pushing the R, I simply have no desire whatsoever. I love the tiny M system, love it. But I want better
Currently using a pair of M50’s backed up by the M10/100 bodies (all share the same battery)
I’m just not remotely interested in the M6/M6ii as I don’t want a separate EVF.
My dream M body would be a clone of the Panasonic GX9 body

EVF to the left
Tilt screen
Tilt EVF
Hot shoe

If canon could somehow incorporate the flip up tilting back flash too that would be incredible.

There’s no possibility whatsoever of me being drawn to the R or the proposed Aps-c version of the R
Just not going to happen.

I’ve still got my vast dslr system that isn’t going anywhere, certainly not trading it in either.

So, what’s your ideas for the next generation of M bodies??

come tell…

Blue Zurich

Traditional Grip
Jan 22, 2022
Swingtown
When I shot with the M5 as a backup and travel option to my 5D3, I always said an M5 Mk ll would be a dream camera if it had the M6 ll sensor and a next gen EVF. Never happened, most likely never will but the body ergonomics and button/dial layout was perfect (for me) My wife shoots an M50 and it's not the same.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
My ideal M body would be the original M, slightly changed:
  • A Franiec style grip
  • The mode selector ring around the shutter button replaced with a proper control ring
  • One more button below the record button on the back
  • USB-C connector, PD charging
  • All the eye-AF features from a modern Canon body
  • Bluetooth
  • 2.4+5GHz wifi and/or wifi 6
The tilty screens on the M10 and M6II aren't helpful to me, I much prefer it to flip out of the side so tripods/flashes/mics don't interfere. For self-timer group shots I much prefer to use my phone to check composition and exposure, hence the wish for wifi.

I couldn't stand the EVF in the M50, so I was very happy for the M6II to lack a built-in EVF, but it is significantly bigger than my original M.

Upvote 0